Bios hd-2 compaq wont operate

jedwar21

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
Hello,
I have a AMD Anthlon(TM) 2 x2 215 processor 2.70ghz and 512kb ram.

My computer isn't loading and says: reboot and select proper boot device or insert media in selected boot device and press a key.

I have to press and hold. "Alt,ctrl, and delete" and f9. To diagnose it says that the processor CPU has passed, memory passed but the driver testing failed. On not sure what to do or how to fix it.

The error code is BIOHD-2. What does this mean and what should I do?

Go into the Bios and make sure the HDD is active in the boot priority. If it is than as TT said the HDD is dead and in that case you can't fix it the only thing you can do is get a new HDD and reinstall windows. HDD's are mechanicals and only last so long. Eventually they die from the heat and mehanical wear and tear.

with hard drive is can be the motor in the drive.the read right heads break and hit the platters...(head crash). or the drive controller board fails..most times it the last issue. with any drive or part in a pc it can fail at any time...the well made parts will last for years. i would pull the hard drive and see if you can replace it with a cheap same size drive.