X-box 360 Question

i read somewhere that the elder scroll Oblivion game was only coming out
on the 360 because it was the only console that would have a hard drive
at launch.how will the double console strategy it effect the elder
scroll game?
4 answers Last reply
More about question

    aboriqua@webtv.net wrote in

    > i read somewhere that the elder scroll Oblivion game was only
    > coming out on the 360 because it was the only console that
    > would have a hard drive at launch.how will the double console
    > strategy it effect the elder scroll game?

    Unknown. It may end up that the hard drive will be required to
    play that game. That kind of thing isn't entirely unprecedented,
    as there were two N64 games that required an expansion pack, and
    one PSX game that required a Dual Shock controller.

    "V. Equinox" <vequinox@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > aboriqua@webtv.net wrote in
    >
    >> i read somewhere that the elder scroll Oblivion game was only
    >> coming out on the 360 because it was the only console that
    >> would have a hard drive at launch.how will the double console
    >> strategy it effect the elder scroll game?
    >>

    > Unknown. It may end up that the hard drive will be required to
    > play that game. That kind of thing isn't entirely unprecedented,
    > as there were two N64 games that required an expansion pack, and
    > one PSX game that required a Dual Shock controller.

    I say making it a requirement for the premiere launch title will help sell
    more premium systems.

    aboriqua@webtv.net wrote:
    > i read somewhere that the elder scroll Oblivion game was only coming out
    > on the 360 because it was the only console that would have a hard drive
    > at launch.how will the double console strategy it effect the elder
    > scroll game?

    Microsoft will advise developers that issue.

    <aboriqua@webtv.net> wrote in message
    >i read somewhere that the elder scroll Oblivion game was only coming out
    > on the 360 because it was the only console that would have a hard drive
    > at launch.how will the double console strategy it effect the elder
    > scroll game?

    It has been stated on several sites that Oblivion will work fine without the
    hard drive, but they advise you to have one. Evidently the experience will
    be noticably different without one, but you don't need it. Apparently
    developers have known for quite a while that the hard drive would not be
    standard and to work around it.

Console Gaming Consoles Games Video Xbox Video Games