  • Xbox
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 21, 2005 1:55:11 AM

i read somewhere that the elder scroll Oblivion game was only coming out
on the 360 because it was the only console that would have a hard drive
at launch.how will the double console strategy it effect the elder
scroll game?

More about : box 360 question

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 10:16:36 PM

aboriqua@webtv.net wrote in

> i read somewhere that the elder scroll Oblivion game was only
> coming out on the 360 because it was the only console that
> would have a hard drive at launch.how will the double console
> strategy it effect the elder scroll game?

Unknown. It may end up that the hard drive will be required to
play that game. That kind of thing isn't entirely unprecedented,
as there were two N64 games that required an expansion pack, and
one PSX game that required a Dual Shock controller.
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 10:16:37 PM

"V. Equinox" <vequinox@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> aboriqua@webtv.net wrote in
>
>> i read somewhere that the elder scroll Oblivion game was only
>> coming out on the 360 because it was the only console that
>> would have a hard drive at launch.how will the double console
>> strategy it effect the elder scroll game?
>>

> Unknown. It may end up that the hard drive will be required to
> play that game. That kind of thing isn't entirely unprecedented,
> as there were two N64 games that required an expansion pack, and
> one PSX game that required a Dual Shock controller.

I say making it a requirement for the premiere launch title will help sell
more premium systems.
August 22, 2005 12:36:08 AM

aboriqua@webtv.net wrote:
> i read somewhere that the elder scroll Oblivion game was only coming out
> on the 360 because it was the only console that would have a hard drive
> at launch.how will the double console strategy it effect the elder
> scroll game?

Microsoft will advise developers that issue.
August 22, 2005 2:36:49 AM

<aboriqua@webtv.net> wrote in message
>i read somewhere that the elder scroll Oblivion game was only coming out
> on the 360 because it was the only console that would have a hard drive
> at launch.how will the double console strategy it effect the elder
> scroll game?

It has been stated on several sites that Oblivion will work fine without the
hard drive, but they advise you to have one. Evidently the experience will
be noticably different without one, but you don't need it. Apparently
developers have known for quite a while that the hard drive would not be
standard and to work around it.
!