Nokia 3100 questions.

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
May 27, 2004 12:06:22 PM

I have three questions regarding my 3100:

1. How do you change the color of the text on the MAIN screen (i.e.
Menu, Service provider). I'm not talking about the color schemes
setting.

2. Is there a way to modify the service provider display on the main
screen to say whatever I want?

3. Is there a way to assign the menus that are accessed via the
navigation key from the main screen? The default seems to be
right=calendar, left=message, up/down=contacts.

More about : nokia 3100 questions

Anonymous
May 28, 2004 12:28:38 AM

my answers

1 : not possible

2 : if you mean the startup image after the NOKIA logo, you can change it if
you have the DKU-5 cable with MobiMB software (
http://www.logomanager.co.uk/php/products.php?id=51 )
if you talk about the operator logo you can download a new operator logo
on several site or on nolia.com, and even find a transparent one on the wap
site www.planete-nokia.com/wap/

3 : not possible

--

"PC" <powdercarrot@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
> I have three questions regarding my 3100:
>
> 1. How do you change the color of the text on the MAIN screen (i.e.
> Menu, Service provider). I'm not talking about the color schemes
> setting.
>
> 2. Is there a way to modify the service provider display on the main
> screen to say whatever I want?
>
> 3. Is there a way to assign the menus that are accessed via the
> navigation key from the main screen? The default seems to be
> right=calendar, left=message, up/down=contacts.
Anonymous
May 31, 2004 3:24:31 PM

> 2 : if you mean the startup image after the NOKIA logo, you can change it if
> you have the DKU-5 cable with MobiMB software (
> http://www.logomanager.co.uk/php/products.php?id=51 )

I agree, and MobiMB also allows you to set the operator logo.
Anonymous
June 4, 2004 8:54:01 AM

powdercarrot@hotmail.com (PC) wrote in message news:<6a4bcf53.0405270706.380d42be@posting.google.com>...
> I have three questions regarding my 3100:
>
> 1. How do you change the color of the text on the MAIN screen (i.e.
> Menu, Service provider). I'm not talking about the color schemes
> setting.

Unfortunately, it isn't possible for this phone, as it is locked on
hardware level.

> 2. Is there a way to modify the service provider display on the main
> screen to say whatever I want?

Of course! You can change operator logo, using Oxygen Phone Manager II
( http://www.opm-2.com/ ). Just connect your phone using Nokia DKU-5
cable, set DKU-5 connection in 'Tools' -> 'Options' -> 'Connection and
common' -> 'Connection' in our program.

In trial version you can assign operator logo using 'Logos' section:
just go to 'Logos' section, then load image using 'open folder' button
or draw your own image, then on upper toolbar select tiny 'down' arrow
in tiny right subsection of 'Reset to default' button (second to the
left) and select 'Set as operator logo'.

In registered version you could also be able to set predefined
operator logos, using 'Gallery manager' (works in read-only mode in
trial).

> 3. Is there a way to assign the menus that are accessed via the
> navigation key from the main screen? The default seems to be
> right=calendar, left=message, up/down=contacts.

Unfortunately, this is also locked on hardware level. But you can
assign startup logos, wallpapers (background image) and, also,
operator logos as well, as upload custom polyphonic and monophonic
ringtones to your handset, using Oxygen Phone Manager II.

If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/