Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia gtx 560 ti throttles the cpu

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 24, 2012 6:28:32 AM

I recently installed a new nvidia gtx 560 ti card, downloaded the latest drivers from the nvidia site and rebooted the PC. Performance is terrible, the CPU usage is 80%+ when running anything, and fps in games is very low. Any ideas?
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP1
Intel Core Duo2 E6850 CPU @3 GHz
4 gig Ram
directx 11
Thanks,
Peter
Please do not post your @mail (that way u are helping to spread the spam), u will be automatically notified in your email when someone post a fresh line in your thread.

Thanx : )
a c 155 Î Nvidia
a c 850 à CPUs
March 24, 2012 12:02:02 PM

Size, make and model of PSU please?
m
l
a b à CPUs
March 24, 2012 12:19:57 PM

Hello,

What did you have for a previous video card? Also what resolution are you trying to play at?

One thing you can try is download driver sweeper from majorgeeks. Once installed reboot into safe mode - delete all your NVIDIA/AMD(if any) drivers and reboot once more. Re-install the latest drivers from www.nvidia.com Do not use the drivers that came with the card itself. Also what motherboard do you have? In fact list all of your parts model names and numbers, the whole enchilada.
m
l
Related resources
March 31, 2012 1:54:49 AM

I managed to stumble upon the solution - turns out my video card was in the wrong slot, not in the one closest to the CPU (sheepish grin). Putting it into the correct slot unchoked my CPU. I will likely have to upgrade my CPU eventually, but I can manage for now.
Thanks for the help.
m
l
!