Sign in with
Your question

Rosewill Challenger vs Antec 900

Last response: in Components
September 16, 2012 1:28:07 AM

I have a system with Core i5 3570K + Hyper 212 Evo, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, MSI R7950, Corsair Enthusiast TX650. I intend to overclock my CPU around 4.2GHz. Is Rosewill Challenger sufficient enough for cooling the system - are the fans good enough? It is $49.99 at newegg. If Rosewill Challenger is not good enough, then I can go for Antec 900 (available at $69.99 @newegg after rebate and discount). I really dont want to go for the extra $$ with Antec 900 if Rosewill can do it for me.
a b ) Power supply
September 16, 2012 1:47:48 AM

I'd take the Rosewill Challenger over the Antec.

Antec has good quality, but the regular 900 is completely lacking in any cable management. Meaning any airflow benefit it gives, is negated by the wad of wires interfering with the same airflow.

So Rosewill is what I'd go with. The quality is a bit worse than Antec, but the design is much better.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 16, 2012 1:53:52 AM

The Antech doesn't seem to have a bottom intake for a PSU.

I would go with the Rosewill myself. (and get some fans for the side.)
m
l
Related resources
September 16, 2012 1:55:36 AM

Z1NONLY said:
The Antech doesn't seem to have a bottom intake for a PSU.

I would go with the Rosewill myself. (and get some fans for the side.)

Yeah - thats what I didnt like about it as well.
m
l
September 16, 2012 1:56:18 AM

cmcghee358 said:
I'd take the Rosewill Challenger over the Antec.

Antec has good quality, but the regular 900 is completely lacking in any cable management. Meaning any airflow benefit it gives, is negated by the wad of wires interfering with the same airflow.

So Rosewill is what I'd go with. The quality is a bit worse than Antec, but the design is much better.

Hmm.... but does RW Challenger provide enough airflow for cooling overclocked system?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 16, 2012 2:02:25 AM

tariqulislam said:
Hmm.... but does RW Challenger provide enough airflow for cooling overclocked system?

It has a good air flow layout.

Worst case scenario would be that you need to get more powerful fans, but what it comes with will probably be more than sufficient for your OC.

(I would still get some side fans for the GPU though.
m
l
!