Rosewill Challenger vs Antec 900

tariqulislam

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
I have a system with Core i5 3570K + Hyper 212 Evo, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, MSI R7950, Corsair Enthusiast TX650. I intend to overclock my CPU around 4.2GHz. Is Rosewill Challenger sufficient enough for cooling the system - are the fans good enough? It is $49.99 at newegg. If Rosewill Challenger is not good enough, then I can go for Antec 900 (available at $69.99 @newegg after rebate and discount). I really dont want to go for the extra $$ with Antec 900 if Rosewill can do it for me.

cmcghee358

Distinguished
I'd take the Rosewill Challenger over the Antec.

Antec has good quality, but the regular 900 is completely lacking in any cable management. Meaning any airflow benefit it gives, is negated by the wad of wires interfering with the same airflow.

So Rosewill is what I'd go with. The quality is a bit worse than Antec, but the design is much better.

tariqulislam

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012

Yeah - thats what I didnt like about it as well.

tariqulislam

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012

Hmm.... but does RW Challenger provide enough airflow for cooling overclocked system?

Z1NONLY

Distinguished

It has a good air flow layout.

Worst case scenario would be that you need to get more powerful fans, but what it comes with will probably be more than sufficient for your OC.

(I would still get some side fans for the GPU though.