Sign in with
Your question

Basic gaming system

Last response: in Systems
May 25, 2012 3:23:21 AM

I want to build a newer desktop and am currently running an AST180 tower. I would like to build something that can run Diablo III but I would like to save money by using some of the components from this tower. What can I keep and what do I have to replace?

More about : basic gaming system

May 25, 2012 3:41:04 AM

I want to build a newer desktop and am currently running an AST180 tower. I would like to build something that can run Diablo III but I would like to save money by using some of the components from this tower. What can I keep and what do I have to replace?

Approximate Purchase Date: within a month, preferably sooner

Budget Range: under $800 if possible, I can go higher

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming and home office and basic video editing

Parts Not Required: Monitors, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, beyond that I don't know how much of this AST-180 can I salvage?

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: any legal site

Parts Preferences: by brand or type-whatever works, ideally upgradeable

Overclocking: Yes / No / Maybe Either

SLI or Crossfire: Yes / No / Maybe -- whatever works, see my requirements above I would like to have a decent frame rate, but not worried about blindingly fast, I'm going blind slow enough

Monitor Resolution: one is 1024 x 768 and one is 1280 x 1024

Additional Comments: I'm not hosting, or going to Lan parties so it doesn't have to be pretty, just functional. Also, if D3 will require a newer OS than Vista SP2, then I would need that as well.
m
l
June 4, 2012 10:01:04 AM

Well, when I include the Window's License I can buy a system for about the same price, so I chose to do that.
m
l
!