Basic gaming system

I want to build a newer desktop and am currently running an AST180 tower. I would like to build something that can run Diablo III but I would like to save money by using some of the components from this tower. What can I keep and what do I have to replace?
3 answers Last reply
More about basic gaming system
  1. I want to build a newer desktop and am currently running an AST180 tower. I would like to build something that can run Diablo III but I would like to save money by using some of the components from this tower. What can I keep and what do I have to replace?

Approximate Purchase Date: within a month, preferably sooner

Budget Range: under $800 if possible, I can go higher

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming and home office and basic video editing

Parts Not Required: Monitors, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, beyond that I don't know how much of this AST-180 can I salvage?

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: any legal site

Parts Preferences: by brand or type-whatever works, ideally upgradeable

Overclocking: Yes / No / Maybe Either

SLI or Crossfire: Yes / No / Maybe -- whatever works, see my requirements above I would like to have a decent frame rate, but not worried about blindingly fast, I'm going blind slow enough

Monitor Resolution: one is 1024 x 768 and one is 1280 x 1024

Additional Comments: I'm not hosting, or going to Lan parties so it doesn't have to be pretty, just functional. Also, if D3 will require a newer OS than Vista SP2, then I would need that as well.
  2. Here you go:

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 - $59.99
    PSU: Seasonic M12 II 620W - $89.99
    Motherboard: Intel BOXDH77KC - $119.99
    CPU: 3.1Ghz Intel Core i5-3450S - $199.99
    RAM: 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 1333MHz 1.5V - $42.99
    HD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda ST - $99.99
    Optical: Lite On Bulk DVD Burner - $17.99
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 - $169.99

Total: $800.92

Add a Windows license and you're good to go.
  3. Well, when I include the Window's License I can buy a system for about the same price, so I chose to do that.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Gaming Basic Systems Product