Would this be a good gaming computer?

CthulhuInACan

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Case........................................ARC CS-501 Gaming Case-Black
Noise Reduction.......................Advanced - iBUYPOWER Harmony SRS Sound Reduction System
Processor.................................Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache)-Intel Core i5-3570K
iBUYPOWER PowerDrive...........PowerDrive Level 2 - Up to 20% Overclocking
Processor Cooling....................Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooling System-ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)

Memory....................................8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module-G.Skill Ripjaws X
Video Card...............................NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 - 2GB - EVGA Superclocked - Core: 1046MHz-Single Card
Motherboard............................[SLI] ASUS P8Z77-V LK -- 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16, 4x USB 3.0
Power Supply...........................850 Watt Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2
Primary Hard Drive...................2 TB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200rpm, 6.0Gb/s-Single Drive
Optical Drive.............................24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive-Black
Operating System.....................Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010-64-bit
Warranty..................................3 Year Standard Warranty Service
Advanced Build Options............Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower-Basic Pro Wiring
Advanced Build Options............Tuniq TX-2 High Performance Thermal Compound
Advanced Build Options............iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System-Protect your investment during transportation!

Subtotal....................................$1,502.00

This is my first time buying a computer myself. I'm trying to get a good gaming computer that would be capable of playing any games released in the next 4-5 years at, or close to, max settings. Would this be a good build for that, or should I change something?

Also, Is the Noise Reduction thing worth getting, or is it a ripoff? It costs $89.

Solution
Also, if I'm not planning on ever overclocking the processor further than 4.0-4.4 Ghz, would the Liquid cooling be worth it, or would a "Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink" be enough?

If you are getting an Azza Spartan case, forget about noise reduction as that case has many holes so sound will seep through. It is a decent economical case though so nothing wrong with that but depending on which exact Spartan model you get, it can be noisy since some of them come with an 80mm front fan.

I think "Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink" means the stock cooler that comes with the cpu, don't use the stock cooler since it will be noisy as hell and won't overclock at all.

Stick with the Corsair 60 cooler you have and you'll probably get some...
Gotta run but it looks like a nice build if you are totally against builidng it yourself, haven't checked prices but I'm fairly sure you are paying around +400 bucks just for them plugging stuff in and screwing in the motherboard etc.

kulmnar

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
You are buying a system built by someone else so obviously you will pay more than building it yourself (nothing wrong with that). The upside is you get a 3 year warranty. The downside is that the case is something that I can find no reviews on. Can anyone find a review for the ARC CS-501 Gaming Case?

As for whether or not noise reduction is worth getting, I don't know since noise reduction effectiveness depends on the case, and the case that you have picked is practically unknown.

CthulhuInACan

Honorable
May 24, 2012

What if I get a AZZA Spartan Case?

kulmnar

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
Also, if I'm not planning on ever overclocking the processor further than 4.0-4.4 Ghz, would the Liquid cooling be worth it, or would a "Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink" be enough?

If you are getting an Azza Spartan case, forget about noise reduction as that case has many holes so sound will seep through. It is a decent economical case though so nothing wrong with that but depending on which exact Spartan model you get, it can be noisy since some of them come with an 80mm front fan.

I think "Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink" means the stock cooler that comes with the cpu, don't use the stock cooler since it will be noisy as hell and won't overclock at all.

Stick with the Corsair 60 cooler you have and you'll probably get some overclocking done and keep the CPU nice and cool. Other than that, it looks like a very nice build.

Solution

CthulhuInACan

Honorable
May 24, 2012

Thanks!
One last question, if it's OK...
There's also available, for about the same price, an NZXT Lexa-S, a Xion Echo, and a Termaltake Dokker case. Would any of those be better/quieter than the Azza Spartan, and would the noise reduction be worth the $89 price tag on any of those?

Hmmm, I personally would invest the 89 bucks on better fans + a fan controller.

I currently am using 3x yate loon medium fans, with a cheapo 10 dollar fan controller, and a hyper EVO at 700RPMs, never gets above 43c and its silent enough so if someone is sitting directly next to me in a chair they can't hear it.

Then again my proc doesn't generate much heat (athlon 2 x3, non overclocked) so I can't say how good my setup would do against a system with say a 7970 + i7 @ 5Ghz.

Just something to think about, and its what I would do.