ender554

Honorable
Mar 24, 2012
Hello, I have on-board chip set of Integrated ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 GPU on my asus m4a78lt-m and am trying to crossfire with a MSI R4350-MD512H Radeon HD 4350 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 I am borrowing, and haven't the slightest clue how to do this.

Earnie

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2005

he's asking about Hybrid crossfire!which uses onboard and a discreet graphics card.

OP,Not only is it probably not compatible,but the single discreet card will more than likely perform better on its own.

SkyWalker1726

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007

Hybrid CrossfireX :
Boosted Performance with onboard GPU and discrete graphics card
ATI Hybrid CrossFireX™ technology is a unique hybrid multi-GPU technology. It takes your gaming experience to the next level boosting PC performance by enabling the chipset’s integrated graphics processor and a discrete GPU to operate simultaneously with combined output for blisteringly-fast frame rates unleashing the graphics performance (For Windows Vista or later versions)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The official slogan for Hybrid CFX is : Boosted Performance with onboard GPU and discrete graphics card, it does not say that only ONE graphics card can be used, namely the AMD/ATI Radeon HD3450, this is the only card that can 'unleash' the Hybrid CFX on this board, so the Hybrid CrossfireX on this board is 'pretty useless'.

Earnie

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2005

I think refillable knows hybrid is poss,his point is not with that combination,hence his comment.

I also dont believe you can hybrid the 4000 series to the onboard 3000,In fact I remember reading something on it last night that confirms this,just cant find it again.