New PC for 1200-1500

chazist

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
Hey guys. I want to buy a new PC (hopefully this weekend as ibuypower has a nice sale going on. Im a noob so I would love to hear your opinion on parts. I would like to have this pc last for a while and do not plan to make upgrades to it.

Approximate Purchase Date: hopefully this weekend but if not within the next few weeks

Budget Range: 1200-1500 after rebates (not counting mouse, keyboard, speakers, monitor)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: As of now, mainly watching movies, anime. I also like to photoshop and would like to get into gaming.

Parts Not Required: Monitor, Speakers, Mouse, Keyboard (I will buy these separately)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: ibuypower

Parts Preferences: None specifically

Overclocking: I will try to

SLI or Crossfire: If its within budget

Monitor Resolution: Will eventually have dual monitor 1920 x 1080

Additional Comments: Prefer quiet and no lights.

Here is what I came up with (again I am a noob so feel free to critique everything):

case- coolermaster silencio 550
processor- core i7 3770k (is it worth upgrading to the x79 processors?)
processor cooling- corsair h60 hydro cooling with dual fan upgrade (im not too sure about this one but all options had liquid cooling and the dual fan seems like it would keep temperatures down)
memory-8 gig g skill ripjaws ddr 3-1600
graphics- nvidia gtx 670
motherboard- asus p877 V LK
power supply- thermaltake 850 watt w0319ru (is this much worse than the corsair 850txv2
hd- dual 120gig ocz agility 3 ssd running at raid 0 (im not sure if i should get 1 or 2)
hd 2- 2tb 32mb cache @ 7200rpm
onboard sound card and lan

right now its a bit over my price range but I am assuming I will be changing parts. what do you think about this setup?

1: get i5 3570k. it will do fine for editing and will be teh same as i7 in games
2: better case is antec 302
3: hyper 212 evo is the same as h60. just slap some fractal silent series fans on it and the DBs will top out at 18Dbs while being good
4: Gigabte 670 is much better. the cooler is real silent and good
5: you can run SLI with 2 670s with a 750w psu. i recommend the ocz zt750w because its fully modular at a great price
6: if you are getting 2, would recommend getting a single mushkin chronos deluxe 240gb. it is the same thing as a vertex 3 max iops and its only 220 bucks. its also much faster than agility 3
7: get seagate hard drives with 64mb of cache. they have less platters=more reliable and are faster than caviar black drives
8: crucial ballistix sport ram is a cheaper and lower profile version of the gskill