Microprocessor cooling fan not working

Can anyone help me? My computer suddenly shutdown when I was surfing the net. Then, I switched it on but it doesn't work. I tried it three times but there's still no power..Then, I checked the connections if everything is in good grip. After that, my computer powered on.

However, after using it about two times it suddenly didn't work again. Whenever I switched it on, the power led will light up and the fans will work but that only lasted for 3-5 seconds and it will turn off. I tried it several times but it doesn't really turn on.

I don't know what to do. I tried using a different power supply, a different power switch and I also cleaned all the fans inside but still it doesn't work. I don't know what the problem really is but the microprocessor cooling fan is also not working. Is the problem concerns my motherboard? Is it dead? Do I have to replace it??

It's a triple core computer and i have a video card on board.
2 answers Last reply
More about microprocessor cooling working
  1. did you check to make sure the fan cable for the cpu(processor) is connected correctly to the motherboard,should be a 4 pin connection,what type of cpu cooler(fan) are you using?if the cpu fan is not working the pc will shut down quickly after you turn it on
  2. Sounds like your cpu fan has bitten the dust. Try buying and installing a replacement.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Computers Components