Sign in with
Your question

1525 black screen but faintly visible

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 24, 2012 11:33:50 AM

Hello, im puzzled
I have a dell 1525, with very very dark screen, I have changed the ram with known working ram, successfully tried the screen in another 1525, tried a heat gun on the GPU,, the login screen is extremely faintly visible, at first i could not get an external screen to work but after using both the 30 second discharge trick and fn- on- f2 trick got it to Reset ? and now the external screen works and also the blue indicator (9) of the 3 leds is on where previously it was not. I also had a beep code of 3 2 6 flashes. I cant tell if the magnetic lid switch is working or not ,unsure how to test...
any help is greatly appreciated.
ps the hd is fine and bios seems ok from what i can tell....as it all works well o external screen.
March 28, 2012 12:39:45 AM

pasqualerea said:
Hello, im puzzled
I have a dell 1525, with very very dark screen, I have changed the ram with known working ram, successfully tried the screen in another 1525, tried a heat gun on the GPU,, the login screen is extremely faintly visible, at first i could not get an external screen to work but after using both the 30 second discharge trick and fn- on- f2 trick got it to Reset ? and now the external screen works and also the blue indicator (9) of the 3 leds is on where previously it was not. I also had a beep code of 3 2 6 flashes. I cant tell if the magnetic lid switch is working or not ,unsure how to test...
any help is greatly appreciated.
ps the hd is fine and bios seems ok from what i can tell....as it all works well o external screen.

Sounds to me like a bad power inverter, especially if you swapped the LCD panel out to a different 1525 and it works. The inverter is a long thin board, that usually has a thin transparent plastic protector over it. Theyre usually pretty cheap, 15-30 bucks.
!