Microsoft Fax and Telstra Duet problem

I have recently subscribed to the Telstra Duet service. The fax worked
beautifully in both send and receive mode but unfortunately now answers the
voice ring tone and ignores the fax ring tone.

Telstra told me to adjust the ring tone that the fax responds to but I annot
find this setting anywhere in the fax settup or on the modem.

I am running XP Pro on a compaq pentium III. The modem is a PCI Soft V92.

Can you please help get the fax to recognise the Telstra fax ring tone and
pick up on that?
2 answers Last reply
More about microsoft telstra duet problem

    "negoC8" <negoC8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | I have recently subscribed to the Telstra Duet service. The fax worked
    | beautifully in both send and receive mode but unfortunately now answers
    the
    | voice ring tone and ignores the fax ring tone.
    |
    | Telstra told me to adjust the ring tone that the fax responds to but I
    annot
    | find this setting anywhere in the fax settup or on the modem.
    |
    | I am running XP Pro on a compaq pentium III. The modem is a PCI Soft V92.
    |
    | Can you please help get the fax to recognise the Telstra fax ring tone and
    | pick up on that?

    The XP fax service does not support distinctive ring:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272943

    negoC8 wrote:
    > I have recently subscribed to the Telstra Duet service. The fax worked
    > beautifully in both send and receive mode but unfortunately now answers
    > the
    > voice ring tone and ignores the fax ring tone.
    >
    > Telstra told me to adjust the ring tone that the fax responds to but I
    > annot
    > find this setting anywhere in the fax settup or on the modem.
    >
    > I am running XP Pro on a compaq pentium III. The modem is a PCI Soft V92.
    >
    > Can you please help get the fax to recognise the Telstra fax ring tone and
    > pick up on that?

    I'm pretty sure the "distinctive ring" features are
    in the modem software, so you might want to Google
    on that modem and see what comes up.

    In my experience, Telstra was of no help whatsover. Telstra
    and the modem manufacturer will do a terrific job of finger-pointing,
    neither taking reponsibility for finding a solution.

    --
    MW

Configuration Fax Microsoft Windows XP