amd challenges intel with low power processors

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004
Its a recap article.

Plus you cant really bash it or you be bashing Tomshardware.

I'm not bashing it or tomshardware. Its also possible to bash the article without bashing the site.

And even if AMD's are lower in power consumption at any point, they'll still be slower.

Vampire_Lestat

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
Funny still Intel chip not even out yet and your already saying Intel faster. Thing is Untel it comes out. Intel not faster. We live in this Month which is May. Not in August.

endyen

Splendid
Thanks vamp. I missed my usual news break today, so the heads up came in handy.
Funny though, I though the conroes were supposed to be soooo ccol. I guess AMD is still cooler than Intel.

Vampire_Lestat

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
Ok If it been benchmark. What was Power of the chips? For this thread is about Amd challange intel with low power processors? It not about speed of a cpu.

The thing is about chips is when they come out. We see the true facts. It like Ford going Ya we have a hybred car that will run 80 Miles per gal. But it not out yet. So what do you do. Well Like any other person trying to save gas. They would like to see when it comes out.

Everyone like this.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Well in that subject it mostly apply to mobile chips, but I don't really care for desktop cpu's. Hell, they can make a 300watt desktop cpu and would still buy it, as long as it has good performance.

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004
Ok If it been benchmark. What was Power of the chips?

< 65 watts.

For this thread is about Amd challange intel with low power processors? It not about speed of a cpu.

Of course not.

It like Ford going Ya we have a hybred car that will run 80 Miles per gal. But it not out yet. So what do you do.

But have they presented concepts? Have they sampled them? :wink:

Funny though, I though the conroes were supposed to be soooo ccol. I guess AMD is still cooler than Intel.

Huh? Their single cores use power then higher clocked dual core conroes and their dual cores are the same but still slower, impressive stuff!

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Funny still Intel chip not even out yet and your already saying Intel faster. Thing is Untel it comes out. Intel not faster. We live in this Month which is May. Not in August.

Ok....New low power AMD chip isn't "out" yet either, so don't talk about it.

Maybe B.S., like everybody thought Intels claims about Conroe were. You

guys kill me. Everyone is soooo quick to say"wait til it's out". Ok, maybe

AMD is shooting for 35 watts, but by the time it's out, it'll be 350 8O . Really,

lets see some intelligence in the forums....Please!!!

Vampire_Lestat

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
It good for Familys who trying to save every dime due to there childrens and such. Higher power equals Higher eletric bills. For Lower and middle Mid range class People Saving Money is part of there way of life. But there some people who Have tons of money they can buy nice cars and dont care about prices.

davidflet9

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
AMD might be releasing new low power CPUs but still they will not be as good in performanc per watt as the conroe and certainly not merom, merom will use 25-30 watts have have better performance than currrent AMDs. that is power efficency. there is no point saying wait until it comes out, we have seen these CPUs benchmark we know what they are going to be like, so while AMD have impressivly kept up on power consumption i still think conroe and merom will be the better CPUs even for energy consous people

Vampire_Lestat

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
I can tell already lack intelligence 1Tanker intel Fanboy.

Really I dont care when it comes out. Amd has not seid when it will be out. What My guess will be is When Am2 0.065 µm comes out. Or it could be when Am2 comes out. Both companys have there own goals. Waiting and seeing that goal is the best part about learning about computers.

endyen

Splendid
It's okay vamp. Inteligence and fanboy are not mutually exclusive. I suspect that the tank has a fairly keen mind. It's just closed as far as AMD goes. Same thing with action man.
I think they are good souls. They just value brand loyalty.
Maybe our concept of buying what is best for ourselves is wrong. Maybe we are being selfish, and maybe they are looking at the big picture. Then again, maybe the moon is made of green cheese.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
It's just closed as far as AMD goes. man.
I think they are good souls. They just value brand loyalty.

To be very honest, i might sound like an Intel Fanboy, but i'm not. I have,

and do recommend AMD's in here. I had my eyes on an A64 3200+, or

a 3700+ SD. up until the Conroe announcement. What i do find annoying, is

that alot of AMDers seem to have a double-standard. I don't like that,

whether it's about AMD, or Intel. Also i'll admit, sometimes it's fun to stir the

pot. :p

Vampire_Lestat

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
I look at Amd and Intel like a clock and a pendulum sways back an forth. But you can also look at the Pendulum as in prices. When Intel chips are faster Amd chips will drop in price and Intel chips will rise in price. When Amd chips are faster Amd will rase prices. But there will be times where the clock has stop and the pendulum will sit in the center.