questions on X-Men Legends II

While I still enjoy playing the original, there were some minor,
nitpicky things I'm hoping they fixed or touched up in this one

1. Is this a TRUE four-player game from start to finish? Man, I got
tired of exploring the mansion with Alison, or trying to reboot the
Muir Island computer.

2. Gauntlet - Dark Legacy, both Baldur Gates, both Champions of
Norrath, and D&D Heroes allows you to do this, but does anyone know if
when you finish "Rise of Apocalypse," you will be able to start over
but with your leveled up characters (e. g. start the easy level but
with a level 20 Gambit)?

Yeah, I've already been ridiculed by some of my friends for wanting to
do that, but let's face it, it's way too much fun to lay waste to the
peons who have absolutely no chance of killing you >:)

Thanks,
-Brian

Grundy <ydnurgs@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I've already been ridiculed by some of my friends for wanting to
> do that, but let's face it, it's way too much fun to lay waste to the
> peons who have absolutely no chance of killing you >:)

If you haven't already, you should check out either the Dynasty Warriors
or Samurai Warriors games. DW4 and its addon, DW4-XL should be cheap
now. Same with Samurai Warriors and its XL addon.

While they have a co-op option, they only support 2 players via
split-screen. There's also a vs. mode.

All of the games are sort of open-field brawlers. You play an officer in
an army, going up against another large army. There will be 100s (if not
1000s) of soliders on the field. You're basically free to run around
taking out enemy officers. It's not unusual to have several hundred kills
from a single mission.

Anyways, it is possible to use highly powered-up characters in the game -
so much so, that only the most powerful enemy generals will be no match
for you. You'll laugh evilly as you mercilessly cut them down like so
much dry kindling with your sword/pike/spear. Mu-hahahahaha!