Intel i5 2500k 3.30 GHz
EVGA GeForce GTX 560 1GB GDDR5 PCIe Dual DVI/HDMI
ASUS P8H67-M LE REV 3 Intel H67 LGA1155 MB
2 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz
Seagate 1TB LP Serial ATA HD 5900/32MB/SATA-3G
Samsung Internal SATA 22X DVDRW

And here's the power supply I'm using:

Eagle Tech Voltas series 550W Power Supply

** EDIT ** I should probably mention I'm actually asking this because I'm getting a lot of crashes/freezes while playing diablo 3. The weird thing is my computer will beep right before freezing, which makes me think it might be a hardware issue. I've been monitoring CPU and GPU temps and they're not overheating, so I figured it might be a power supply issue.

Thanks for your help!

More about : 550w

a c 118 B Homebuilt system
May 25, 2012 3:20:40 PM

The wattage is sufficient, however thats a pretty chinsy power supply. No-name brand, no 80+ energy certification, etc.

When you say you're getting crashes? are Blue Screen events being logged?

If so, you can use a program like this to view them:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
m
l
May 25, 2012 3:27:16 PM

The game will usually just freeze for about 10-30 seconds, but will occasionally blue screen - restart. I'm not currently at home but I recall a blue screen error saying something like 'kernel data inpage error'. I know a LOT of people are having performance issues with Diablo III so maybe it's not my computer.
m
l
Related resources
May 25, 2012 3:32:49 PM

Run Furmark and Prime95 to be sure. But, it does sound like a power supply issue... In my experience, it's the power supply 90% of the time.
m
l
a c 118 B Homebuilt system
May 25, 2012 3:35:26 PM

It does indeed smell like a PSU issue, and unfortunately tconness was sort of off to a bad start picking that PSU in the first place, but I certainly would rather not tell someone to run out and buy new parts without confirming they are the causal factor. I would run memtest too on top of prime 95 and furmark, and if possible try swapping in a known good power supply first.

If Diablo is the only game the problem happens in, then try a clean install of the game.
m
l
May 25, 2012 3:47:41 PM

Any recommendations for a new PSU?
m
l
!