Amd Piledriver FX-8350 and amd steamroller release dates?

cbrunnem

Distinguished

he has really useful posts sometimes

it seems as though it will be released sometime late this year or early next year. nothing for sure i dont think.

Hi :)

It WAS a SENSIBLE ANSWER...

I am an AMD dealer , and I dont know... so nobody else will apart from AMD...

All the best Brett :)

Uther39

Distinguished

So Brett you are an AMD dealer right, and also sell PCs through your PC shop here in the UK, do you mind giving me a link to your PC shop or an address for your shop so i can come and have a look and maybe buy some kit, do you advertise ? What is your business name?

Cheers, All the best Uther39

Pile Driver will happen relatively around next month, but nothings confirmed yet. I mean it was originally supposed to be slated earlier this year but got pushed back a few times. Steamroller will release sometime late next year probably. sometime before DDR4 ram kicks in as AMD will probably design the next gen cpus/base motherboard after that to support DDR4

adamyjake

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2012
thanks, everyone :) gonna wait a month or 2 and see if it comes out.. if not ill get a
- AMD A8-3870K
or
- amd fx 4170
or
- amd phenom ii x4 965

vilenjan

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
If u are gonna buy now go for the 965. Piledriver will finally beat phenom II line core for core (just barely), so the quad core piledrivers should be, given proper threading, twice as fast.

whatsthatnoise

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011

He's probably to busy, with things like driving his Porsche into walls, firing an "employee" over a "how to apply thermal paste" dispute or something similar important, to comment on such a trivial request. ;)

Hi Uther :)

I deliberately do not advertise my companies here and do not sell to any users here...

It keeps my advice independant...a matter of principle....a little old fashioned maybe but thats me...

See my answer above... and never driven my Porsche into a wall, even when racing...lol

Uther39

Distinguished

I think that is slightly bizarre that you wont even tell me the name of your business.
Do i detect a dreamer?

I think you need to read the rules lol...

I hardly think the Moderators would like me to preface my advice with...come into one of my shops....etc etc...

Uther39

Distinguished

I meant you could always send me the details of your shop via a PM.