Sign in with
Your question

Amd Piledriver FX-8350 and amd steamroller release dates?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
September 16, 2012 6:14:06 PM

when is the Amd Piledriver FX-8350 and amd steamroller being released ?
a b à CPUs
September 16, 2012 6:19:42 PM

Hi :) 

Ask AMD ...lol

All the best Brett :) 
September 16, 2012 7:15:09 PM

that really helped..
Related resources
a b à CPUs
September 16, 2012 7:16:41 PM

they will be released on the 17 of oct
a b à CPUs
September 16, 2012 7:20:23 PM

adamyjake said:
that really helped..

he has really useful posts sometimes

it seems as though it will be released sometime late this year or early next year. nothing for sure i dont think.
September 16, 2012 7:51:10 PM

okayy. thx
a b à CPUs
September 16, 2012 7:56:47 PM

Nobody knows and AMD have been coy over it. Possibly late 2012
a b à CPUs
September 16, 2012 9:05:00 PM

cbrunnem said:
he has really useful posts sometimes

it seems as though it will be released sometime late this year or early next year. nothing for sure i dont think.

It WAS a SENSIBLE ANSWER...

I am an AMD dealer , and I dont know... so nobody else will apart from AMD...

a b à CPUs
September 16, 2012 9:17:45 PM

Brett928S2 said:

It WAS a SENSIBLE ANSWER...

I am an AMD dealer , and I dont know... so nobody else will apart from AMD...

So Brett you are an AMD dealer right, and also sell PCs through your PC shop here in the UK, do you mind giving me a link to your PC shop or an address for your shop so i can come and have a look and maybe buy some kit, do you advertise ? What is your business name?

Cheers, All the best Uther39
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
September 16, 2012 9:18:11 PM

Pile Driver will happen relatively around next month, but nothings confirmed yet. I mean it was originally supposed to be slated earlier this year but got pushed back a few times. Steamroller will release sometime late next year probably. sometime before DDR4 ram kicks in as AMD will probably design the next gen cpus/base motherboard after that to support DDR4
September 16, 2012 9:27:37 PM

thanks, everyone :)  gonna wait a month or 2 and see if it comes out.. if not ill get a
- AMD A8-3870K
or
- amd fx 4170
or
- amd phenom ii x4 965
September 16, 2012 9:44:30 PM

If u are gonna buy now go for the 965. Piledriver will finally beat phenom II line core for core (just barely), so the quad core piledrivers should be, given proper threading, twice as fast.
a b à CPUs
September 16, 2012 10:24:33 PM

Uther39 said:
So Brett you are an AMD dealer right, and also sell PCs through your PC shop here in the UK, do you mind giving me a link to your PC shop or an address for your shop so i can come and have a look and maybe buy some kit, do you advertise ? What is your business name?

He's probably to busy, with things like driving his Porsche into walls, firing an "employee" over a "how to apply thermal paste" dispute or something similar important, to comment on such a trivial request. ;) 
a b à CPUs
September 16, 2012 10:24:54 PM

Uther39 said:

Hi Uther :) 

I deliberately do not advertise my companies here and do not sell to any users here...

It keeps my advice independant...a matter of principle....a little old fashioned maybe but thats me...

a b à CPUs
September 16, 2012 10:26:35 PM

whatsthatnoise said:
He's probably to busy, with things like driving his Porsche into walls, firing an "employee" over a "how to apply thermal paste" dispute or something similar important, to comment on such a trivial request. ;) 

See my answer above... and never driven my Porsche into a wall, even when racing...lol

a b à CPUs
September 17, 2012 8:08:15 AM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi Uther :) 

I deliberately do not advertise my companies here and do not sell to any users here...

It keeps my advice independant...a matter of principle....a little old fashioned maybe but thats me...

I think that is slightly bizarre that you wont even tell me the name of your business.
Do i detect a dreamer?
a b à CPUs
September 17, 2012 9:22:28 AM

Uther39 said:
I think that is slightly bizarre that you wont even tell me the name of your business.
Do i detect a dreamer?

Dont be ridiculous... the Moderators know who I am...

a b à CPUs
September 17, 2012 12:17:58 PM

Well ive never known a business man not want to do business, know wheres my super tramp album.....
a b à CPUs
September 17, 2012 5:22:21 PM

Uther39 said:
Well ive never known a business man not want to do business, know wheres my super tramp album.....

I think you need to read the rules lol...

I hardly think the Moderators would like me to preface my advice with...come into one of my shops....etc etc...

a b à CPUs
September 17, 2012 6:18:26 PM

Brett928S2 said:

I think you need to read the rules lol...

I hardly think the Moderators would like me to preface my advice with...come into one of my shops....etc etc...

I meant you could always send me the details of your shop via a PM.
December 16, 2012 8:01:48 AM

Ah to intellects trying to one -up another in hopes of virtual validation of their egos how can't get much funnier than this : P
a b à CPUs
December 16, 2012 8:19:53 AM

does anyone know f steamroller is coming out next year
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
December 16, 2012 4:32:25 PM

skitz9417 said:
does anyone know f steamroller is coming out next year

the only thing planned for amd next year that i can recall is the trinity revamp for a better IGPU
!