Sign in with
Your question

Upgrading Inspiron 1545 through new motherboard?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 24, 2012 5:38:59 PM

Hello,
I've owned my 1545 for about a year now and my intel integrated graphics card has already started to fail. A new laptop is not really an option for me right now because of school fees and so I was wondering if I could buy a new motherboard solely for the purpose of having a better graphics card. I know I can purchase a new motherboard for my laptop but there is little information about that in relation to a graphics card. Is something like this possible?
Thanks!
September 7, 2012 6:52:50 PM

mtc45 said:
Hello,
I've owned my 1545 for about a year now and my intel integrated graphics card has already started to fail. A new laptop is not really an option for me right now because of school fees and so I was wondering if I could buy a new motherboard solely for the purpose of having a better graphics card. I know I can purchase a new motherboard for my laptop but there is little information about that in relation to a graphics card. Is something like this possible?
Thanks!

no you cant :non:  i have the same problem with graphics chip :ange:  , i have to replace the chip no other option :) 
!