n-gage & XP

Last response: in Brands
May 27, 2004 8:16:50 PM

I am trying to sort out a problem with my friends nokia n-gage, XP &
pc suite software.

all installed ok, including a Belkin BT usb adapter ( unknown model
number )

I have seen that there is a lot of people with similar problems, so I
hope some one can help.

when starting the PC suite first time, it asks for the n-gage to be
connected, this has been tried using the supplied USB cable and the
belkin BT, but both ways the software doesnt find the phone, therefore
it exits.

on USB cable, XP finds the n-gage storage , but not as a phone, as a
local disc.
on BT ( usb ) all the BT - N-gage functions seem to be there, ie file
transfere possible.

but how do I get the PC suite to find the phone via cable or BT ?
the Mrouter in the taskbar ONLY has infrared connection listed, no BT
or serial or com ports, and the pc hasnt even got IR! ( well I dont
think it has )

I think I have to get the BT adapter, or the `com` for the cable to
show on the Mrouter ? but how ?????

any help is TIA.

Simon

catty_aim@hotmail.com

More about : gage

Anonymous
May 28, 2004 6:30:48 PM

"simonUK" <catty_sim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to sort out a problem with my friends nokia n-gage, XP &
> pc suite software.
>
> all installed ok, including a Belkin BT usb adapter ( unknown model
> number )
>
> I have seen that there is a lot of people with similar problems, so I
> hope some one can help.
>
> when starting the PC suite first time, it asks for the n-gage to be
> connected, this has been tried using the supplied USB cable and the
> belkin BT, but both ways the software doesnt find the phone, therefore
> it exits.
>
> on USB cable, XP finds the n-gage storage , but not as a phone, as a
> local disc.
> on BT ( usb ) all the BT - N-gage functions seem to be there, ie file
> transfere possible.
>
> but how do I get the PC suite to find the phone via cable or BT ?
> the Mrouter in the taskbar ONLY has infrared connection listed, no BT
> or serial or com ports, and the pc hasnt even got IR! ( well I dont
> think it has )
>
> I think I have to get the BT adapter, or the `com` for the cable to
> show on the Mrouter ? but how ?????
>
> any help is TIA.
>
> Simon
>
> catty_aim@hotmail.com

The USB cable only connects the PC to the MMC card, not the n-gage. You use
Widcomm BT, Mrouter and the Belkin dongle to connect PC suite to the n-gage
itself. Don't use the "Nokia connection manager" it doesn't seem to do
anything. Set Mrouter to use Com7 or Com8 as instructed by the Widcomm
driver bubble that appears above the system tray when you pair the devices.
Another odd thing you might see is that when you do a manual "Quick connect"
connection, the PC needs to disconnect before the n-gage re-connects and
syncs.
Anonymous
June 4, 2004 9:40:25 AM

catty_sim@hotmail.com (simonUK) wrote in message news:<cf036eca.0405271516.639531ff@posting.google.com>...

> I am trying to sort out a problem with my friends nokia n-gage, XP &
> pc suite software.
>
> all installed ok, including a Belkin BT usb adapter ( unknown model
> number )
>
> I have seen that there is a lot of people with similar problems, so I
> hope some one can help.
>
> when starting the PC suite first time, it asks for the n-gage to be
> connected, this has been tried using the supplied USB cable and the
> belkin BT, but both ways the software doesnt find the phone, therefore
> it exits.
>
> on USB cable, XP finds the n-gage storage , but not as a phone, as a
> local disc.
> on BT ( usb ) all the BT - N-gage functions seem to be there, ie file
> transfere possible.
>
> but how do I get the PC suite to find the phone via cable or BT ?
> the Mrouter in the taskbar ONLY has infrared connection listed, no BT
> or serial or com ports, and the pc hasnt even got IR! ( well I dont
> think it has )
>
> I think I have to get the BT adapter, or the `com` for the cable to
> show on the Mrouter ? but how ?????
>
> any help is TIA.

Thank you for your request!

Cable connection for this phone doesn't work with Nokia PC Suite or
any other data synchronization program: you can use it only for MP3
files and MMC card management with standard DKE-2 cable. The only way
to connect the smarphone for data synchronization purposes is to use
built-in bluetooth transceiver. The most convenient way to synchronize
your phone's data with PC is to use Oxygen Phone Manager for Symbian
OS phones. You can download the trial version here:
http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/

If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/