XP Pro Login Screen

Hello everyone

I posted this question on the windowsxp.basics NG and Michael Solomon
advised me to post it here - so here it is:

Is it possible to arrange a specific arrangement of Login Names on the Login
Screen? I'd like to be able to arrange, for instance, female accounts
grouped together and male accounts also grouped together. I suppose one way
would be to rename them <male: John>, <male: Eric>, <female: Susan>,
<female: Alison> but I'd like to have just the Login name listed. I
understand that the names would be listed alphabetically normally.

Thanks for your time.
6 answers Last reply
More about login screen

    Hi Tosca,

    There is no way that the usernames can be grouped together in such a way on the login screen.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Tosca" <no-spam@thank-you.com> wrote in message news:OH6qbVP%23EHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > Hello everyone
    >
    > I posted this question on the windowsxp.basics NG and Michael Solomon
    > advised me to post it here - so here it is:
    >
    > Is it possible to arrange a specific arrangement of Login Names on the Login
    > Screen? I'd like to be able to arrange, for instance, female accounts
    > grouped together and male accounts also grouped together. I suppose one way
    > would be to rename them <male: John>, <male: Eric>, <female: Susan>,
    > <female: Alison> but I'd like to have just the Login name listed. I
    > understand that the names would be listed alphabetically normally.
    >
    > Thanks for your time.

    Hi

    It was just an example to see if the names could be arranged to my
    specification. I might have users <John>, <Fred>, <Sally>, <Orinoco> and
    want them listed in this order, rather than alphabetically.

    As Anando said. I'm not aware of any tweak which can accomplish this.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Tosca" <no-spam@thank-you.com> wrote in message news:%23jS1tJV%23EHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    Hi

    It was just an example to see if the names could be arranged to my
    specification. I might have users <John>, <Fred>, <Sally>, <Orinoco> and
    want them listed in this order, rather than alphabetically.

    Thank you - I suspected this was the case when I posted the question. I
    checked google with no success but felt there was no harm in asking here.

    You're welcome Tosca.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Tosca" <no-spam@thank-you.com> wrote in message news:ufwoNFX%23EHA.2596@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    Thank you - I suspected this was the case when I posted the question. I
    checked google with no success but felt there was no harm in asking here.

    Good thing you decided to ask around here. It never harms to ask a question :o)

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    http://www.mvps.org

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Tosca" <no-spam@thank-you.com> wrote in message news:ufwoNFX%23EHA.2596@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > Thank you - I suspected this was the case when I posted the question. I
    > checked google with no success but felt there was no harm in asking here.

Configuration Login Customization Windows XP