How to receive a fax via mobile phone

Last response: in Brands
Share
May 28, 2004 5:01:17 AM

I worked with someone a while back who (if I understand this correctly)
travelled quite a bit and had a mobile to which he could have a fax sent.
When he was then in an office with a fax, he'd enter the local fax number
and it would print out on that machine. Did I get this right? Can that be
done and - if so - what specs does the phone need to have for this to
function? I looked in the manual of my 6230, but there's no mention of fax
forwarding anywhere (if that's what its called).

Thank,
Gus
Anonymous
May 28, 2004 9:06:34 AM

"Gus" <DamnSpam@nodamnspam.com> wrote in message
> I worked with someone a while back who (if I understand this correctly)
> travelled quite a bit and had a mobile to which he could have a fax
sent.
> When he was then in an office with a fax, he'd enter the local fax
number
> and it would print out on that machine. Did I get this right? Can that
be
> done and - if so - what specs does the phone need to have for this to
> function? I looked in the manual of my 6230, but there's no mention of
fax
> forwarding anywhere (if that's what its called).

The only service I know that will do this (in the UK, anyway) is Orange
Answerfax. You have a fax number assigned to the phone and when a fax is
sent to it you receive a text message. Then, when convenient, you call
your voicemail number and there is an option there to send the fax to any
convenient number, i.e. the number of the fax machine nearest to where you
are.

See here: www.orange.co.uk/services/answer_fax_service.html

Hope this helps,

Ivor
Anonymous
May 28, 2004 11:15:04 AM

"Gus" <DamnSpam@nodamnspam.com> wrote in message
> I worked with someone a while back who (if I understand this correctly)
> travelled quite a bit and had a mobile to which he could have a fax sent.
> When he was then in an office with a fax, he'd enter the local fax number
> and it would print out on that machine. Did I get this right? Can that
be
> done and - if so - what specs does the phone need to have for this to
> function? I looked in the manual of my 6230, but there's no mention of
fax
> forwarding anywhere (if that's what its called).

It's not a phone feature, but a network feature. T-Mobile USA offers this
service in America, and it works with any phone. They call it "FaxMail",
since it works in conjunction with voice mail.
May 28, 2004 10:50:42 PM

Sounds like this person had type of fax mailbox. He would have been alerted
to the fact he had a fax waiting for him and then when he was near a fax
machine he could then dial into the mailbox and enter the number of that
machine to have the fax delivered there.

Do a google search for "Unified messaging" and you will find numerous
products available that will provide this feature.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM.

"Gus" <DamnSpam@nodamnspam.com> wrote in message
> I worked with someone a while back who (if I understand this correctly)
> travelled quite a bit and had a mobile to which he could have a fax sent.
> When he was then in an office with a fax, he'd enter the local fax number
> and it would print out on that machine. Did I get this right? Can that
be
> done and - if so - what specs does the phone need to have for this to
> function? I looked in the manual of my 6230, but there's no mention of
fax
> forwarding anywhere (if that's what its called).
>
> Thank,
> Gus

Anonymous
May 31, 2004 3:27:18 AM

Vodafone have this service available, on their 242 message service (an
upgrade from 121 would you believe!). Faxes are received into a mailbox, and
these may be read back to you (from your mailbox), and you may to elect to
have the fax forwarded to wherever.

As an alternative... Ask your provider for you FAX number, and DATA number
(you will only need the FAX number). Give THAT number to those that need to
send you a fax. Set your phone to "DIVERT ALL FAX CALLS" to a number of your
choice (a "local" fax machine). Anyone calling that number would then send
the fax, and it would divert (transparent to the caller) to the number you
have elected. With this method, however, you will still need to be able to
access the "physical" fax, to collect the document. This is NOT a "mailbox"
service.

Good luck

"Gus" <DamnSpam@nodamnspam.com> wrote in message
> I worked with someone a while back who (if I understand this correctly)
> travelled quite a bit and had a mobile to which he could have a fax sent.
> When he was then in an office with a fax, he'd enter the local fax number
> and it would print out on that machine. Did I get this right? Can that
be
> done and - if so - what specs does the phone need to have for this to
> function? I looked in the manual of my 6230, but there's no mention of
fax
> forwarding anywhere (if that's what its called).
>
> Thank,
> Gus

February 18, 2013 6:25:30 AM

In deiner Situation finde ich gut MobilFaxversand Dienstleistung zu versuchen. Ich habe es probiert, und es functioniert wirklich.
!