Windows Vista crashed and want to install Windows 7, I need help

itstheone999

Honorable
May 25, 2012
Can I install windows 7 on my computer that crashed?

My computer was running Vista until my hard drive crashed, so I bought a new 2TB internal HDD, SATA hook-ups.
And now my DVD-rom isn't being recongized by my BIOS, but my new 2TB HDD is.I'm thinking cuz it has comething to do with my IDE connection or cables, so I'm buying a DVD-burner with SATA hook-ups.

Does anyone think this will solve my issues?
I thank and welcome all the help I can get.

andystanley

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Yes you can install Win7 on you're crashed pc as long as you meet the min. specs.

If you're MB is compatible with IDE than your dvd drive should work just fine. If you're MB is not compatible with IDE than most likely a SATA drive will solve the problem.
Its also possible something is wrong with you're dvd drive. also try a different SATA port,there may be something wrong with the port.
There's no harm in trying,worst case scenario...you loose $20.
Hope I was of help!

itstheone999

Honorable
May 25, 2012

Yes, your info is useful but my motherboard 1 IDE port and 4 SATA ports. I tried hooking up 3 different DVD-drives through my IDE port and my BOIS didn't recognized any of them.The thing is my DVD-drive used to work before I tried to add a 2nd 1 through same same IDE cord. This was bout a month before it crashed, but since I tried to add the 2nd DVD-drive the IDE port hasn't been recognizing anything. My BOIS did recognize the new HDD that I hooked up through 1 of the SATA ports. So that's why I wanna get the DVD-drive with the SATA hook ups. But I'm concerned if I gotta install any drivers for the SATA DVD-drive. Also I don't know if your talking about the min. specs of Win7 or what but either way I don't what my specs are. I assume they are good though.

Let me know what's up ppl. I need some help, I gotta get this working, got projects lined up. I appreciate any feedback.