Video Card for X51

victorv

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
So I ordered the Alienware x51 for 1200 (the upgraded version and I got a really great deal for it with extended warranties and what not. So yea, it comes with the nvidia gtx 555 which is more than enough for what I am doing with it, but I know its not very upgradeable because of its small size and power supply and its small case.

Let me specify real quick because I know a lot of the people on these forums are very against alienware and pre-built computers. I bought this because of its size and how I can take it to my dorm which is 5 hours away from my home and its easily hidden. In college its very common for people to take things so I don't want a huge expensive looking computer, especially when I can turn off the flashy lights on the side of this system so it will look very plain.

So yea, my question is: How upgradeable is the video card in this rig? I have a 560 Ti to spare and I know it will take that because I have seen people use it and its works fine without any overheating or random shut downs. So I am just curious as to besides the gtx 560 ti, will it go any higher? Thanks a lot in advance guys! Any legitimate answers regarding my questions are highly appreciated. :hello: