Ordered the Galaxy gtx680 from FRYS.com

Macclan_06

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
hey guys I ordered my gtx680 from frys this morning around 8:30A.M.

My question is on FRYS.com they are listed as a preorder item, does any one know when they will ship and if going with frys was a bad choice or not, I have never ordered with them before and the gtx680 is out of stock on newegg, so I decided to gamble and go with fyrs despite some negative feedback but I am just expecting a galaxy gtx 680 in my hands by lets say next thursday the 28th, do you think this will happen?

Order has been confirmed talked to the lady on the phone after I placed the online order to confirm shipping and billing information, everything was good she said we will send it out soon as possible, leading me to think im all set and will be a happy camper by the end of the week! fingers crossed tight my friends

any feedback appreciated

Macclan_06

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Yea I want to build my computer by this weekend hopefully, I ordered the galaxy gtx680 from frys, then the rest of my stuff is coming from newegg... I didnt want to be waiting on newegg because they sold out 30 minutes after they came up online so chances are getting on from there slim, this is only my opinion im no guru but..

BBN8

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
I'll be camping the website starting tuesday haha. I hope I can catch one. I don't really care which brand at this point. I just want one really badly.

Macclan_06

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

I almost went with the pny version from dell.com but its 529.99 so hoping the frys deal works out for me with no problems

Fry's is a OK place to order from.
But if they do not have a GTX680 in stock, and on the way out the door, I think you are in for a long wait.
As soon as possible sounds to me like they are awaiting stock. You might want to get this clarified and cancel the order if it is not in stock.

Macclan_06

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

bummer ill have to call I suppose, any advice on what to ask for?

Macclan_06

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
sorry to spam but I called and the lady on the phone said that she only sees 2 preorders, assuming one is mine but she also said theres no shipping date but it sounded like they havent gotten any in yet at all and havent sent any out yet.

Sounds to me like you should cancel so you are free to jump on any unit that shows up in stock.

Or... you can pay a premium of $100 to speculators on ebay.

Macclan_06

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

If they cant tell me when they are expecting to get their shipment by monday afternoon ill consider cancelling, but I am in line already here so hmm

Well, if two GTX680 cards show up at your door, you can use them both, or you will have no trouble selling one for more than you paid for it:)