IE Browser To Preview on Right

January 13, 2005 7:47:27 AM

Anyway to get the IE Browser to Preview (searched items) on the right side
while all your found links remain listed on the left. This is one of the
features I liked better with Windows 2000, but can't do so since going to
WindowsXP.

Thanks

More about : browser preview

January 13, 2005 7:47:28 AM

JCO,
Have you clicked the LOWER Favorites button on your IE browser on the
main toolbar?
--
Burt
The Old Alaskan

" JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Anyway to get the IE Browser to Preview (searched items) on the right side
> while all your found links remain listed on the left. This is one of the
> features I liked better with Windows 2000, but can't do so since going to
> WindowsXP.
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
January 13, 2005 9:51:13 PM

If you're using http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iese...
click the Search button. Results will show in the right hand pane.

To reset Internet Explorer settings
If you installed another Web browser after installing Internet
Explorer and Internet Tools, some of your Internet Explorer settings
may have changed. You can reset your Internet Explorer settings to
their original defaults, including your home page and search pages,
and choice of default browser, without changing your other browser's
settings.
1.. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2.. Click the Programs tab.
3.. Click the Reset Web Settings button.

Web Settings button
[[Click this to reset the default Internet Explorer settings for your home
and search pages, and prompt to make Internet Explorer your default browser.
Note: This only resets these settings if you have installed another Web
browser after installing Internet Explorer and Internet Tools, and that
browser has changed the default settings.]]
--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:z3nFd.13334$ig7.269@trnddc04,
JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> Anyway to get the IE Browser to Preview (searched items) on the right
> side while all your found links remain listed on the left. This is
> one of the features I liked better with Windows 2000, but can't do so
> since going to WindowsXP.
>
> Thanks
January 14, 2005 8:30:18 AM

It is still set up as default. Nothing has been customized. When I reset
to default, it does the same.
I'm just not happy with XP's way of doing the Search, when you press the
search button (that splits the screen). The old method, W2K, use to keep
your links on the left and the different pages on the right. Now, all the
links show up on the right (which I find dumb because you always have to use
your back button to get back). Also, when you use the back button, you
loose the search that was on the right side.

The tried to make it more sophisticated... messed it up.

> If you're using
http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iese...
> click the Search button. Results will show in the right hand pane.
>
> To reset Internet Explorer settings
> If you installed another Web browser after installing Internet
> Explorer and Internet Tools, some of your Internet Explorer settings
> may have changed. You can reset your Internet Explorer settings to
> their original defaults, including your home page and search pages,
> and choice of default browser, without changing your other browser's
> settings.
> 1.. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
> 2.. Click the Programs tab.
> 3.. Click the Reset Web Settings button.
>
> Web Settings button
> [[Click this to reset the default Internet Explorer settings for your home
> and search pages, and prompt to make Internet Explorer your default
browser.
> Note: This only resets these settings if you have installed another Web
> browser after installing Internet Explorer and Internet Tools, and that
> browser has changed the default settings.]]
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:z3nFd.13334$ig7.269@trnddc04,
> JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Anyway to get the IE Browser to Preview (searched items) on the right
> > side while all your found links remain listed on the left. This is
> > one of the features I liked better with Windows 2000, but can't do so
> > since going to WindowsXP.
> >
> > Thanks

Anonymous
January 14, 2005 9:20:21 PM

Are you searching from the Address bar? When you click the Search button on
the top toolbar (the magnifying glass) does the Search Toolbar open as a
left hand pane?

The light bulb just came on. Are you using Classic Search?

To disable the Search Companion feature and use the Classic Internet Search
feature from Internet Explorer 5.0:
1. In Internet Explorer, click the Search button on the toolbar.
2. Click Change Preferences, and then click Change Internet search behavior.
3. Click With Classic Internet Search, and then click OK.
4. Restart Internet Explorer for the changes to take effect.

How to Change the Internet Search Behavior of Your Browser in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303210

Use Internet Explorer Classic Search
http://www.theeldergeek.com/using_internet_explorer_cla...

Using the Internet Explorer Classic Search
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#classi...

Use Classic Search in Explorer
This tweak allows you to disable the new Search Assistant and use the
traditional search interface in Explorer.

Use TweakUI...
In Windows XP, how can I revert to the good old search window that I used in
Windows 2000?
http://www.petri.co.il/restore_classic_search_in_window...

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:KNIFd.11760$u47.505@trnddc09,
JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> It is still set up as default. Nothing has been customized. When I
> reset to default, it does the same.
> I'm just not happy with XP's way of doing the Search, when you press
> the search button (that splits the screen). The old method, W2K, use
> to keep your links on the left and the different pages on the right.
> Now, all the links show up on the right (which I find dumb because
> you always have to use your back button to get back). Also, when you
> use the back button, you loose the search that was on the right side.
>
> The tried to make it more sophisticated... messed it up.

>> If you're using
> http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iese...
>> click the Search button. Results will show in the right hand pane.
>>
>> To reset Internet Explorer settings
>> If you installed another Web browser after installing Internet
>> Explorer and Internet Tools, some of your Internet Explorer settings
>> may have changed. You can reset your Internet Explorer settings to
>> their original defaults, including your home page and search pages,
>> and choice of default browser, without changing your other browser's
>> settings.
>> 1.. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
>> 2.. Click the Programs tab.
>> 3.. Click the Reset Web Settings button.
>>
>> Web Settings button
>> [[Click this to reset the default Internet Explorer settings for
>> your home and search pages, and prompt to make Internet Explorer
>> your default browser. Note: This only resets these settings if you
>> have installed another Web browser after installing Internet
>> Explorer and Internet Tools, and that browser has changed the
>> default settings.]] --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:z3nFd.13334$ig7.269@trnddc04,
>> JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Anyway to get the IE Browser to Preview (searched items) on the
>>> right side while all your found links remain listed on the left.
>>> This is one of the features I liked better with Windows 2000, but
>>> can't do so since going to WindowsXP.
>>>
>>> Thanks
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 8:03:23 PM

I will give that a try.
I'm hitting the Search button from the toolbar. That's the one I like
because it gives you a split screen.
That is why I want the "Found Links" on the left and the websites on the
right.

I will get back to you on the effects of the Classic Search

news:o 7nHyAq%23EHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> [...]
> >> If you installed another Web browser after installing Internet
> >> Explorer and Internet Tools, some of your Internet Explorer settings
> >> may have changed. You can reset your Internet Explorer settings to
> >> their original defaults, including your home page and search pages,
> >> and choice of default browser, without changing your other browser's
> >> settings.
> >> 1.. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
> >> 2.. Click the Programs tab.
> >> 3.. Click the Reset Web Settings button.
> >>
> >> Web Settings button
> >> [[Click this to reset the default Internet Explorer settings for
> >> your home and search pages, and prompt to make Internet Explorer
> >> your default browser. Note: This only resets these settings if you
> >> have installed another Web browser after installing Internet
> >> Explorer and Internet Tools, and that browser has changed the

Anonymous
January 18, 2005 8:23:51 PM

Okay now I have a new problem, not sure if I should repost this.
On one computer, I changed the Internet search to "Classic". This works!
Yeah, this is what I wanted.
I like the classic search better because all the links stay on the left side
while the web pages are displayed on the right.

Now for the bad news.
I did this on another machine and now the search is blank. I can't select
customize either, because it brings up a blank page. How can I fix this?

> [...]
> >> If you installed another Web browser after installing Internet
> >> Explorer and Internet Tools, some of your Internet Explorer settings
> >> may have changed. You can reset your Internet Explorer settings to
> >> their original defaults, including your home page and search pages,
> >> and choice of default browser, without changing your other browser's
> >> settings.
> >> 1.. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
> >> 2.. Click the Programs tab.
> >> 3.. Click the Reset Web Settings button.
> >>
> >> Web Settings button
> >> [[Click this to reset the default Internet Explorer settings for
> >> your home and search pages, and prompt to make Internet Explorer
> >> your default browser. Note: This only resets these settings if you
> >> have installed another Web browser after installing Internet
> >> Explorer and Internet Tools, and that browser has changed the

Anonymous
January 18, 2005 9:46:27 PM

SWAG. Have you scanned that machine for virus and scumware?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:HCbHd.6466$HT6.221@trnddc04,
JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> Okay now I have a new problem, not sure if I should repost this.
> On one computer, I changed the Internet search to "Classic". This
> works! Yeah, this is what I wanted.
> I like the classic search better because all the links stay on the
> left side while the web pages are displayed on the right.
>
> Now for the bad news.
> I did this on another machine and now the search is blank. I can't
> select customize either, because it brings up a blank page. How can
> I fix this?

> news:o 7nHyAq%23EHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> Are you searching from the Address bar? When you click the Search
>> button on the top toolbar (the magnifying glass) does the Search
>> Toolbar open as a left hand pane?
>>
>> The light bulb just came on. Are you using Classic Search?
>>
>> To disable the Search Companion feature and use the Classic Internet
>> Search feature from Internet Explorer 5.0:
>> 1. In Internet Explorer, click the Search button on the toolbar.
>> 2. Click Change Preferences, and then click Change Internet search
>> behavior.
>> 3. Click With Classic Internet Search, and then click OK.
>> 4. Restart Internet Explorer for the changes to take effect.
>>
>> How to Change the Internet Search Behavior of Your Browser in
>> Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303210
>>
>> Use Internet Explorer Classic Search
>> http://www.theeldergeek.com/using_internet_explorer_cla...
>>
>> Using the Internet Explorer Classic Search
>> http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#classi...
>>
>> Use Classic Search in Explorer
>> This tweak allows you to disable the new Search Assistant and use the
>> traditional search interface in Explorer.
>> http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/1067/
>>
>> Use TweakUI...
>> In Windows XP, how can I revert to the good old search window that I
>> used in Windows 2000?
>> http://www.petri.co.il/restore_classic_search_in_window...
>>

>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:KNIFd.11760$u47.505@trnddc09,
>> JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> It is still set up as default. Nothing has been customized. When I
>>> reset to default, it does the same.
>>> I'm just not happy with XP's way of doing the Search, when you press
>>> the search button (that splits the screen). The old method, W2K,
>>> use to keep your links on the left and the different pages on the
>>> right. Now, all the links show up on the right (which I find dumb
>>> because you always have to use your back button to get back).
>>> Also, when you use the back button, you loose the search that was
>>> on the right side.
>>>
>>> The tried to make it more sophisticated... messed it up.

>>> http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iese...

Anonymous
January 19, 2005 5:28:27 AM

I don't have any of those issues.
I'm well protected and routinely take care of those things. Something
simply corrupted when I changed the browser to Classic mode and I can't get
it back

Thanks

> SWAG. Have you scanned that machine for virus and scumware?
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:HCbHd.6466$HT6.221@trnddc04,
> JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Okay now I have a new problem, not sure if I should repost this.
> > On one computer, I changed the Internet search to "Classic". This
> > works! Yeah, this is what I wanted.
> > I like the classic search better because all the links stay on the
> > left side while the web pages are displayed on the right.
> >
> > Now for the bad news.
> > I did this on another machine and now the search is blank. I can't
> > select customize either, because it brings up a blank page. How can
> > I fix this?
> >

> > "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > news:o 7nHyAq%23EHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> >> Are you searching from the Address bar? When you click the Search
> >> button on the top toolbar (the magnifying glass) does the Search
> >> Toolbar open as a left hand pane?
> >>
> >> The light bulb just came on. Are you using Classic Search?
> >>
> >> To disable the Search Companion feature and use the Classic Internet
> >> Search feature from Internet Explorer 5.0:
> >> 1. In Internet Explorer, click the Search button on the toolbar.
> >> 2. Click Change Preferences, and then click Change Internet search
> >> behavior.
> >> 3. Click With Classic Internet Search, and then click OK.
> >> 4. Restart Internet Explorer for the changes to take effect.
> >>
> >> How to Change the Internet Search Behavior of Your Browser in
> >> Windows XP
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303210
> >>
> >> Use Internet Explorer Classic Search
> >> http://www.theeldergeek.com/using_internet_explorer_cla...
> >>
> >> Using the Internet Explorer Classic Search
> >> http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#classi...
> >>
> >> Use Classic Search in Explorer
> >> This tweak allows you to disable the new Search Assistant and use the
> >> traditional search interface in Explorer.
> >> http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/1067/
> >>
> >> Use TweakUI...
> >> In Windows XP, how can I revert to the good old search window that I
> >> used in Windows 2000?
> >> http://www.petri.co.il/restore_classic_search_in_window...
> >>

> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >> Wes
> >>
> >> In news:KNIFd.11760$u47.505@trnddc09,
> >> JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:

Anonymous
January 20, 2005 12:22:22 AM

Reset IE Search engine to defaults
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#ResetSearch

History pane in Internet Explorer is blank; View and Search buttons are
missing
http://www.winxptutor.com/historyblank.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:fBjHd.11035$Os6.7679@trnddc08,
JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> I don't have any of those issues.
> I'm well protected and routinely take care of those things. Something
> simply corrupted when I changed the browser to Classic mode and I
> can't get it back
>
> Thanks

>> SWAG. Have you scanned that machine for virus and scumware?
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:HCbHd.6466$HT6.221@trnddc04,
>> JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Okay now I have a new problem, not sure if I should repost this.
>>> On one computer, I changed the Internet search to "Classic". This
>>> works! Yeah, this is what I wanted.
>>> I like the classic search better because all the links stay on the
>>> left side while the web pages are displayed on the right.
>>>
>>> Now for the bad news.
>>> I did this on another machine and now the search is blank. I can't
>>> select customize either, because it brings up a blank page. How can
>>> I fix this?

>>> news:o 7nHyAq%23EHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

January 20, 2005 6:22:15 AM

This has to do with third party software. More info is needed. Start by
running:

Windows XP Startup Programs Tracker
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_u.htm#xp_util

--
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP

> Reset IE Search engine to defaults
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#ResetSearch
>
> History pane in Internet Explorer is blank; View and Search buttons are
> missing
> http://www.winxptutor.com/historyblank.htm
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:fBjHd.11035$Os6.7679@trnddc08,
> JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>> I don't have any of those issues.
>> I'm well protected and routinely take care of those things. Something
>> simply corrupted when I changed the browser to Classic mode and I
>> can't get it back
>>
>> Thanks

>>> SWAG. Have you scanned that machine for virus and scumware?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> In news:HCbHd.6466$HT6.221@trnddc04,
>>> JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:

Anonymous
January 21, 2005 9:09:02 PM

My problem has been resolved.
Thanks for your help.

> Reset IE Search engine to defaults
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#ResetSearch
>
> History pane in Internet Explorer is blank; View and Search buttons are
> missing
> http://www.winxptutor.com/historyblank.htm
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:fBjHd.11035$Os6.7679@trnddc08,
> JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I don't have any of those issues.
> > I'm well protected and routinely take care of those things. Something
> > simply corrupted when I changed the browser to Classic mode and I
> > can't get it back
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >> SWAG. Have you scanned that machine for virus and scumware?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >>
> >> Wes
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >>
> >> In news:HCbHd.6466$HT6.221@trnddc04,
> >> JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:

http://www.theeldergeek.com/using_internet_explorer_cla...

January 22, 2005 7:02:39 AM

Glad to hear it, which step helped?

--

> My problem has been resolved.
> Thanks for your help.

>> Reset IE Search engine to defaults
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#ResetSearch
>>
>> History pane in Internet Explorer is blank; View and Search buttons are
>> missing
>> http://www.winxptutor.com/historyblank.htm
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:fBjHd.11035$Os6.7679@trnddc08,
>> JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>> > I don't have any of those issues.
>> > I'm well protected and routinely take care of those things. Something
>> > simply corrupted when I changed the browser to Classic mode and I
>> > can't get it back
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message

> http://www.theeldergeek.com/using_internet_explorer_cla...

Anonymous
January 22, 2005 2:34:13 PM

Your welcome. How was it resolved?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:2zbId.10823$ef6.10686@trnddc07,
JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> My problem has been resolved.
> Thanks for your help.

>> Reset IE Search engine to defaults
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#ResetSearch
>>
>> History pane in Internet Explorer is blank; View and Search buttons
>> are missing
>> http://www.winxptutor.com/historyblank.htm
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:fBjHd.11035$Os6.7679@trnddc08,
>> JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> I don't have any of those issues.
>>> I'm well protected and routinely take care of those things.
>>> Something simply corrupted when I changed the browser to Classic
>>> mode and I can't get it back
>>>
>>> Thanks

> http://www.theeldergeek.com/using_internet_explorer_cla...

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 8:17:54 PM

A Microsoft Rep sent me a registry fix. I clicked it and it restored my
registry to the way I wanted it.
Thanks.

Anonymous
January 24, 2005 10:32:47 AM

Glad to hear it. Keep having fun.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:6%QId.10505$J6.6916@trnddc02,
JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> A Microsoft Rep sent me a registry fix. I clicked it and it restored
> my registry to the way I wanted it.
> Thanks.

>> Your welcome. How was it resolved?
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:2zbId.10823$ef6.10686@trnddc07,
>> JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> My problem has been resolved.
>>> Thanks for your help.

>>> http://www.theeldergeek.com/using_internet_explorer_cla...

January 26, 2005 5:28:51 AM

What was the edit?

--
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

" JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>A Microsoft Rep sent me a registry fix. I clicked it and it restored my
> registry to the way I wanted it.
> Thanks.

>> Your welcome. How was it resolved?
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:2zbId.10823$ef6.10686@trnddc07,
>> JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>> > My problem has been resolved.
>> > Thanks for your help.
>> >
>> > "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message

>> > http://www.theeldergeek.com/using_internet_explorer_cla...

Anonymous
January 27, 2005 9:41:25 PM

The guy gave me a link and it downloaded. I opened it and it contains 47
lines of code (registry edits).
I have it saved and can send it to your personal email account if need be.
Remember, this edit makes my browser function like it did when running
Windows 2000 (which I prefer). This would be the same as if you went to
Search>Customize>Select Classic Search.

news:o KhmPE4AFHA.3700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> What was the edit?
>
> --
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >A Microsoft Rep sent me a registry fix. I clicked it and it restored my
> > registry to the way I wanted it.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >> Your welcome. How was it resolved?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >>
> >> Wes
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >>
> >> In news:2zbId.10823$ef6.10686@trnddc07,
> >> JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:

This

http://www.theeldergeek.com/using_internet_explorer_cla...

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#classi...

Explorer

Anonymous
January 27, 2005 9:43:09 PM

I found it... for anybody that wants to keep as a tool!

Try Restore Search
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/RestoreSearc...

news:o KhmPE4AFHA.3700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> What was the edit?
>
> --
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >A Microsoft Rep sent me a registry fix. I clicked it and it restored my
> > registry to the way I wanted it.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >> Your welcome. How was it resolved?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >>
> >> Wes
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >>
> >> In news:2zbId.10823$ef6.10686@trnddc07,
> >> JCO <joliviero@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:

This

http://www.theeldergeek.com/using_internet_explorer_cla...

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#classi...

Explorer

January 28, 2005 5:18:47 AM

Thanks for the feedback and glad it helped. That is my edit. :o )

--

>I found it... for anybody that wants to keep as a tool!
>
> Try Restore Search
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/RestoreSearc...

> news:o KhmPE4AFHA.3700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> What was the edit?
>>
>> --
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>

>> " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >A Microsoft Rep sent me a registry fix. I clicked it and it restored my
>> > registry to the way I wanted it.
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message

> This
> the

> http://www.theeldergeek.com/using_internet_explorer_cla...

> http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#classi...

> use

> Explorer

Anonymous
January 28, 2005 10:39:14 PM

You ought to talk to the guy that runs that site, Kelly. Looks like he
knows a lot. *eg*

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:u9I15HRBFHA.2584@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Kelly <kelly@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
> Thanks for the feedback and glad it helped. That is my edit. :o )
>
> --
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I found it... for anybody that wants to keep as a tool!
>>
>> Try Restore Search
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/RestoreSearc...
>>

>> "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> news:o KhmPE4AFHA.3700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>> What was the edit?
>>>
>>> --
>>> All the Best,
>>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>>
>>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>>

>>> " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> http://www.theeldergeek.com/using_internet_explorer_cla...

>> http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#classi...

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 1:44:55 AM

Okay! Sorry I couldn't clarify that earlier.

> Thanks for the feedback and glad it helped. That is my edit. :o )
>
> --
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I found it... for anybody that wants to keep as a tool!
> >
> > Try Restore Search
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/RestoreSearc...
> >

> > "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > news:o KhmPE4AFHA.3700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> >> What was the edit?
> >>
> >> --
> >> All the Best,
> >> Kelly (MS-MVP)
> >>
> >> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
> >>

> >> " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > This
> > the

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303210

> > http://www.theeldergeek.com/using_internet_explorer_cla...

> > http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#classi...

> > use

http://www.petri.co.il/restore_classic_search_in_window...

> > Explorer

on

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 1:47:26 AM

I got if form a guy named Frank (Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE
<franksaunders@mvps.org>).
It was on an different Newsgroup... more on IE Browsers.

January 29, 2005 6:27:18 AM

Byte me, Wes. :o )

--

> You ought to talk to the guy that runs that site, Kelly. Looks like he
> knows a lot. *eg*
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:u9I15HRBFHA.2584@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
> Kelly <kelly@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
>> Thanks for the feedback and glad it helped. That is my edit. :o )
>>
>> --
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>

>> " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I found it... for anybody that wants to keep as a tool!
>>>
>>> Try Restore Search
>>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/RestoreSearc...
>>>

>>> "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> news:o KhmPE4AFHA.3700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

>>> http://www.theeldergeek.com/using_internet_explorer_cla...

>>> http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#classi...

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 12:07:32 PM

<ROTFL>

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:e%232n0SeBFHA.2392@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Kelly <kelly@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
> Byte me, Wes. :o )
>
> --
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

>> You ought to talk to the guy that runs that site, Kelly. Looks like
>> he knows a lot. *eg*
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:u9I15HRBFHA.2584@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
>> Kelly <kelly@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
>>> Thanks for the feedback and glad it helped. That is my edit. :o )
>>>
>>> --
>>> All the Best,
>>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>>
>>> Troubleshooting Windows XP