GTX 680 and 570 retail packaging and weight

seekeraftertruth

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011
Hi I live in Australia and plan on buying a GTX 680 from Newegg when they return to stock. My friend also is considering buying a second 570 for his machine. We are going to use PriceUSA or Shipito to send it to Austrlia (its cheaper this way, like $80 for each card cheaper).

So questions are:
1. Any recommendations from people who have used either PriceUSA or Shipito or smilair companies to buy items overseas?
2. We need to know the approximate size and weight of a gtx 680 and gtx 570 in their retail packaging?
3. Comments on what the hell i would do to recieve warranty on stuff bought in the USA?

Thanks for responses, much appreciated

girass

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
I'm going to be doing the same thing, live in Adelaide, have a friend in the US who will help. Including currency conversion, higher end GTX680 models cost ~ $300 bucks more in Aus .. even though our currency is stronger atm.. so I'm going to be shipping here with the full intention of re-shipping should it fail, because it would STILL be cost effective! (though wouldn't have long to find defects) its like stores here just sell us USA site gear and add their own profit on top. guess that's what happens when you live in a country with a lower population than the USA has computer enthusiasts :p