1080p monitor only @ 768... Why? New custom build.

ttg_Avenged

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012
I just put this system together today so I would kinda expect this. I'm using a HD 1080p TV. It has RGB, HDMIx2, and HD/AVI outputs. I have 2 HDMI cables N tried both, no good.

I BELIEVE the HDMI worked earlier but the mobo fried and I bought another 1 immediately.

So, I'm using a VGA cable, putting it into the TV's RGB and it actually works, and the other side is converted into DVI i think, or the port that goes into the GTX 560 Ti. THAT setup is what I'm using and works FINE! One problem, its max resolution is only 1360x768 If i can fix that higher id be fine. perfect.

So for HDMI I use on the GPU, mini hdmi converter to hdmi to TV. IDK the possible resolutions because here is the cluster *uck.... when the hdmi setup in in use, i can only see the DESKTOP's wallpaper and hear SOUND. I remember this happening in 2010 to my laptop while using two monitors, and i forgot how to fix it id love some help

thanks soooo much guys best answer is selected as soon as i get one :) :) :)

ttg_Avenged

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012

believe it or not i stumbled on that, and i tried 1920x1080, said woulsdnt work. then i tried 1919x1080 it worked, but it seemed EVERYTHING was super super hard to read. idk man :/