Problems with CPU detection?

hohehi1

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
Hello, recently I noticed awful FPS in Guild Wars 2. While I am supposed to run the game smoothly, I sit in the 20-25 FPS range. This is with all settings on maximum, but I see minimal performance improvements when turning down settings (4-5 FPS). I believe I have isolated the problem though, as when I am at the Guild Wars 2 log in screen, there is a message that states: "Hardware Issues Detected: Click here for details." When I click on this option, a message pops up saying," Your system does not meet the following requirements: Dual Core 2.0GHz processor." My computer far exceeds minimum system specs, but it is not recognizing that. What could be the issue?

i5 2500k @4.7GHz
MSI Radeon HD 7950
ASUS P8Z68
Rosewill 1000w power supply
2x4gb 1600MHz RAM

hohehi1

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012

*NOTE: I am seeing below average performance in all games, but Guild Wars 2 is the game that helped me isolate the problem.

hohehi1

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
Well, my BIOS was extremely outdated, but updating it to current version did nothing in terms of performance. CPU-Z is recognizing the CPU and the correct clock speeds. It also reports the updated BIOS. Still getting "Hardware Issues Detected" message at the start of Guild Wars 2 as well.

hohehi1

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
Under load, the GPU sits at around 25% usage, and is at the intended clock speeds. Core clock: 900MHz Memory clock: 1300Mhz. The CPU rises to 100% usage and also to its intended clock speeds.

That brings another thought to mind...

Type "msconfig" in the instant search box and run the program when it appears. It will open a window called "System configuration". Go to Boot->Advanced options and check the "Number of processors" parameter. If it's not on 4, set it to 4 explicitly and reboot.