Sign in with
Your question

Want to purchase processor

Tags:
  • CPUs
Last response: in CPUs
September 17, 2012 6:50:49 AM

Hi guys,

After the worse performance of my newly bought amd fx-8150 combined with zotac nvidia gtx 560 2gb gddr5 gpu and as i'm a gamer, i'm switching to intel's i series.
I've researched and found that for gaming 17-3770k and i5-3570k are best for gaming. Now my concern is which of these cpu's will perform best along with my existing gpu with low cpu fan noise, it irritates me alot :pfff:  .

Please help me....

More about : purchase processor

a b à CPUs
September 17, 2012 7:09:00 AM

def go with the i5-3570k the difference between that and the i7 is Hyperthreading...something that is pretty much useless when it comes to gaming...the i5 will perform the same in game and it will run much cooler...also it is cheaper too....the i5 is def the way to go
m
l
September 17, 2012 7:10:55 AM

drums101 said:
def go with the i5-3570k the difference between that and the i7 is Hyperthreading...something that is pretty much useless when it comes to gaming...the i5 will perform the same in game and it will run much cooler...also it is cheaper too....the i5 is def the way to go

Thankyou so much.... :) 
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
September 17, 2012 7:12:41 AM

no prob man you will be glad you bought it...those chips are great performers....if you are looking for a cooler for that cpu the coolermaster hyper 212 evo is a great cooler and its real cheap ($30 bucks or so) it will allow a good OC on that cpu
m
l
September 17, 2012 8:06:02 AM

drums101 said:
no prob man you will be glad you bought it...those chips are great performers....if you are looking for a cooler for that cpu the coolermaster hyper 212 evo is a great cooler and its real cheap ($30 bucks or so) it will allow a good OC on that cpu

So, now my system config is as follows:

i5 3570k with any gaming LGA 1155 soket motherboard,
2 x 4gb ddr3 (1600) g.skill ripjaws Ram,
zotac nvidia gtx 560 2gb gddr5 gpu,
1 tb HDD,
500 watt PSU.

i want to know whther the PSU is sufficient for the entire system or do i need any upgrade for the same?
m
l
September 17, 2012 8:39:45 AM

pratik borkar said:
So, now my system config is as follows:

i5 3570k with any gaming LGA 1155 soket motherboard,
2 x 4gb ddr3 (1600) g.skill ripjaws Ram,
zotac nvidia gtx 560 2gb gddr5 gpu,
1 tb HDD,
500 watt PSU.

i want to know whther the PSU is sufficient for the entire system or do i need any upgrade for the same?

To be able to answer that we will need to know that brand and model of the PSU

thanks
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 17, 2012 8:59:31 AM

Err...Why did you just forgo your 8 core? If you were getting poor performance in games, you could just use the first four cores for those quad core games. The 8100 is a snazzy processor.
m
l
September 17, 2012 9:13:09 AM

MajinCry said:
Err...Why did you just forgo your 8 core? If you were getting poor performance in games, you could just use the first four cores for those quad core games.

Run that by me one more time?
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 17, 2012 9:16:01 AM

MajinCry said:
Err...Why did you just forgo your 8 core? If you were getting poor performance in games, you could just use the first four cores for those quad core games. The 8100 is a snazzy processor.

Wha...? Games decide what cores to use, not the person (though I am aware of the ability to tweak some game's config to use more threads). Disabling and telling games which cores to use isn't going to change performance for said games (at least not by a large amount). A game able to utilize 4 cores is going to use 4 cores.
m
l
September 17, 2012 9:36:45 AM

zrobbb said:
To be able to answer that we will need to know that brand and model of the PSU

thanks

VIP Gold
m
l
September 17, 2012 10:17:26 AM

MajinCry said:

I'm just quiting amd, Frustated by its overheating and noisy characteristics even by just running two Firefox browser or Chrome concurrently. Before amd i used to run gta 4 with few lags on Pentium D 2.66 GHz, but on amd even with gpu the game lags alot like no gpu is installed. :pfff: 
m
l
September 17, 2012 10:42:21 AM

pratik borkar said:
VIP Gold

I couldn't find very much information on it to be honest. If possible I would get a PSU from a reputable manufacturer like Corsair, Antec, XFX or OCZ. Using a generic PSU could cause everything to go completely wrong
m
l
!