My newest build, what do you think?

This is my first post, so I want to first say glad to be here. I just finished this build a couple weeks ago, just never hopped on the forums to share, it's my first ever custom build PC. So here are the specs, let me know what you think. I have a Microcenter by my house so I bought most of there, some from Newegg.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K

MOTHERBOARD: Asus P8Z77-V LX (Didn't need some of the features of the deluxe, etc.)

CASE: Antec 1100 Mid Tower

PSU: OCZ ZX Series 850W Fully-Modular 80PLUS Gold High Performance Power Supply

MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance (2X4GB) DDR3 1600

CPU COOLING: Corsair H60

GPU: Asus HD 7770 DirectCU

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB 32cache, also have a 500GB West Digital (From old computer)

DVD Drive is just an old combo drive, don't watch Blue-Ray
5 answers Last reply
More about newest build think
  1. 1: go with the LK model at the very least because it adds SLI support (although yo wouldn't need it, the board in general is just that much better)
    2: why are you putting a atx board in a full tower case. go with the antec 302 or antec one
    3:you only need a 550w power supply for this kind of low level build. go with the ocz zt550-650w f you like them.
    4: hyper 212 evo is about the same as a h60 water cooler
    5: you need a beefier gpu. a good one is a 7850 or a gtx 570. if you really have the budget get the gtx 670 from asus
    6: get the drive with 64mb of cache. its faster and is newer
  2. Thanks, to answer...
    1.) I got the motherboard for 89.99 with CPU at Microcenter, also got a deal on Power Supply
    2.) Great cable management, still considered Mid-Tower
    5.) My GPU works great for my usage
    6.) SSD is coming soon

Thanks for the feedback, pretty new to this.
  3. The H60 SUCKS. Don't get it. The Hyper 212 EVO is MUCH better.
  4. but hey, some of the closing best buy stores are selling the h60s for like 30 bucks
  5. TheBigTroll said:
    but hey, some of the closing best buy stores are selling the h60s for like 30 bucks

Yeah, I got it at Best Buy along with the RAM, both were $49.99, but not $30 here. Even overclocked it's idling at like 29-30 so it does the job well enough for me.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems