ASUS ATI HD 6770 Issue

janaz

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
Hello,

I got as a gift last Monday the card listed above. The card was replacing a ATI Radeon X1500. So I power down my PC, unplugged it, took out my old card and put the new one in (including hooking the six pin up). I hooked it up, made sure it was seated ok and then hooked just the video cable, keyboard, and power cord back up to it and turned it on.

The fan powers up but I show no video and get no beeps. I try a few more times with no luck, so I remove and reseat the card and try again. Still nothing, the computer seems to be booting up, but not showing any video. At this point I am wondering if the card itself is bad, so I called up ASUS and did the troubleshooting they wanted and still no luck. I wanted to ask before I sent it back could their be any other issues I'm over looking? My system stats are below.

Also, I noticed on it, it looks like only 5 pins have anything in them as the middle top (if you are looking at the card fan down) is empty space, also on the card itself (can't tell if this is a defect or not) one of the gold pieces at the very end (4 or 5th from end) doesn't go all the way down, it looks like the part of it that forms the V didn't get put on it. Not sure if either of these would have an effect on it.

BFG Tech 650W Power Supply.

-----------------
System Information
------------------
Machine name: MYPC
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 061
System Model: ED842AA-ABA M7250N
BIOS: Phoenix - Award BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 481MB used, 4911MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

My old video card

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Radeon X1300/X1550 Series
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x7146)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)