Sign in with
Your question

My AMD Phenom x6 1090T is at 79c at full load.

Last response: in CPUs
September 17, 2012 11:26:44 AM

I don't know why but my AMD Phenom 1090T is running at 79c at full load and 53 under idle. I did some research and found out AMD 1090T should not exceed 63c.

Any tips, guys?

I added a link to a picture of my PC case

This is my PC specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2Ghz
12GB Corsair Memory
AMD 6870 1GB Graphics Card
500GB Hard Drive
Bluray Optical Drive
450W XFX "SeaSonic" PSU

http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac261/randomsuperdud...
a c 113 à CPUs
September 17, 2012 1:21:04 PM

What is your room temperature? Why is your case missing 2 slot covers?
a c 78 à CPUs
September 17, 2012 3:51:32 PM

Its possible that you have a bad seating of the heatsink, I would start by removing it, cleaning off all traces of old thermal compound with a coffee filter and rubbing alcohol, and then try to reseat the cooler with new thermal compound. I would suggest placing a BB sized dab on the center of the CPU and pressing the cooler down to spread it (the thermal compound need not cover the entire surface area of the CPU).

Also, what program are you using to monitor temps? I would suggest HW monitor and its the Core temp you want to look at, some programs, like AMD Overdrive to name one specifically, give me false temps and say the CPU is hotter than it actually is.

As far as room temperature, I don't care if you have the heat running full blast in your house, unless you live in a damn desert, the CPU definitely should not be that hot at stock speeds.

And just for the hell of it, go into BIOS and disable the fan speed control so it runs full blast all the time, see what that does.
Related resources
September 17, 2012 4:16:16 PM

If you remove the cooler to reapply thermal compound, its always a good idea to reseat the CPU as well.
a b à CPUs
September 17, 2012 7:24:11 PM

Maybe also a combination of a poor ventilated case with bad cable management shitty stock cooler and dust.
September 17, 2012 7:59:16 PM

Ok, I found out it was dust. I didn't see it because of the wide fan. I cleaned it out and it is 31c at idle and 56c at full load.

Thanks for the help guys.
!