Toshiba laptop black screen mouse cursor only

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Toshiba
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
January 23, 2012 1:55:59 AM

Hi!

I got Toshiba Satellite T130-16U with Windows7. It booted but the screen is black, no icons only the mouse pointer. Unfortunately the HDD Recovery is seems not working. Is there anyone can share how to fix this?

Ron

More about : toshiba laptop black screen mouse cursor

a c 203 D Laptop
a c 264 $ Windows 7
January 23, 2012 11:23:42 AM

Did you recently try to update the video driver? Also, will the system boot into Safe Mode?
m
l
April 26, 2012 9:40:08 PM

rons_gatdula said:
Hi!

I got Toshiba Satellite T130-16U with Windows7. It booted but the screen is black, no icons only the mouse pointer. Unfortunately the HDD Recovery is seems not working. Is there anyone can share how to fix this?

Ron

Hi Ron, I have the same problem just wondering if you fixed and what you did,
Thanks,
Chris.
m
l
Related resources
April 27, 2012 3:25:30 AM

I am having the same problem, however, I have been to many websites and tried a lot. Mine is a bit different, most answers are using the repair method with windows cd. However, it freezes at 'Starting Windows' when using the windows cd. When doing safemode, it hangs a bit at classpnp.sys, however it does move on and i come to a black screen with just the mouse cursor, i cannot move the mouse cursor, however the numlock and caps lock lights turn on and off if i push the buttons.

When trying everything else, Last Khown Good Configuration, Repair Computer, etc.. I simply get the black screen. I have gone into BIOS and reset back to default, have also tried switch it to RAID, still nothing. I have reset the CMOS, no dice. I have removed everything, my other IDE and SATA drives, my PCI-E video card, everything, except for my one SATA drive and CDROM, in fact I even removed the CDROM at one point. Yes, I have checked the sata drive connections, even unplugged and replugged them, switched the sata port on motherboard also.

I know people like to say you have a fried motherboard, people like to say that cause its an easy answer, I know thats not the case. Or people say its your hard drive, and if I replace that it will fix it, no kidding! However its not the hard drive, it may be a corrupt MBR, i know this, but i cannot get to a command prompt as as i cannot get into the windows cd.

I have also tried F10, and removing the entire line from the edit boot options, nothing there.

Everything was working fine, until i disconnected the computer, put it in my car gently, drove to my new apartment and set it up.

Any suggestions, im all ears.

Yes, the BIOS is up to date.
m
l
July 19, 2014 2:40:18 AM

Same issue!
Have you managed to fix it?
m
l
July 26, 2014 11:51:11 AM

SumanaGG said:
SPAM REDACTED - SS

How? It freezes on the black screen during start up.
m
l
!