Sign in with
Your question

Feedback on my 'potential' parts for my new gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
May 26, 2012 4:52:34 AM

Hey guys, so I've been reading through the forums and on other different sites with regards to building a gaming pc that is under the $1400 CAD range (with taxes and shipping included).

I've done my research and I picked out these parts believing that these products will give me the most bang for my buck. I was hoping I could get some feedback on the parts that I picked out before I decide to sign my life away :p 

Here are the parts that I chose: http://secure.newegg.ca/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?...

My biggest concern or worry though is that I didn't read something right and that I inadvertently buy incompatible parts. I think I got them spot on but it doesn't hurt to ask more experts right :p ?

I also wanted to know if the PSU that I chose the (Corsair TX750 V2) is too much for the system or is it adequate and able to withstand further additions in the future?

In addition I was also hoping I could get some input on heat sinks and overclocking.

Should I stick to the heat sink that is provided with the i5 processor or should I replace it with another unit. I don't necessarily plan on overclocking my system at the minute, which I've come to believe is the primary reason why you would want to invest in another heat sink. I have also read that overclocking the system might in fact prove to be more of a benefit as opposed to a detriment. So I will definitely have to think about that in the future, but for the time being would it be a good idea to get one (an additional heat sink) for my current build using the components I've listed above?

If in the event I decide to overclock my system, will the different components be able to handle it?

Lots of questions I know, but I am hoping someone would be able to help me out. This is my first ever attempt at trying to build a PC and I am really excited and nervous at the same time :D 

Thank you so much in advance for your thoughts and input.

(By gaming I meant to play Diablo III and Guild Wars II xD)
May 26, 2012 5:22:20 AM

The build looks pretty good. A couple comments though.

-Your over paying for your SSD, you should look at the Crucial M4 and Mushkin. You can get 120GB for that price. Both are good and reliable.

-Heat sink wise I would go with the 212 EVO. It's only $35 and would let you OC up to 4.5 Ghz.

-The 750W is overkill, but would be good if you want to SLI in the future.

-Could also save some money on a board and go with Asrock extreme4. Asrock's are great and a little cheaper. Practically the same board.

-Finally, you'll want to switch your RAM for low profile ones
May 26, 2012 5:43:15 AM

i completly agree with hopz :D 
!