Can i run crysis 2 on ultra

nvidia gtx 560 1gb ddr5
asrock n68 s3 ucc
4gb ddr3 ram
1366x768
11 answers Last reply
More about crysis ultra
  1. Not sure, I have a 550 Ti and it sure as hell loves crashing my computer on 1280x1080 on lowest settings (Crysis 2).
  2. i have a gtx 460
    4 gigs of memory
    i didnt had any problems
    i think it will run smooth
  3. at that resolution yes.
  4. -Jackson said:
    Not sure, I have a 550 Ti and it sure as hell loves crashing my computer on 1280x1080 on lowest settings (Crysis 2).

You might have a bad power supply. It shouldn't crash.
  5. Sunius said:
    You might have a bad power supply. It shouldn't crash.

Well not exactly, half the time it was the driver itself crashing, even after updating, but eventually my computer would just shut down, and yeah I did kinda have a budget PSU, too bad I lent both Crysis 1 and 2 to a friend of mine shortly after getting my new PSU..bad coincidence xP I'll have to see.
  6. whats the brand/name model of your psu?
  7. Old one: Widetech 665W
    Current (No pun intended) one: Corsair TX750M

Edit: I don't think I've run Crysis/2 ever since I got my newer PSU, so yeah. Have to see how things go.
  8. -Jackson said:
    Well not exactly, half the time it was the driver itself crashing, even after updating, but eventually my computer would just shut down, and yeah I did kinda have a budget PSU, too bad I lent both Crysis 1 and 2 to a friend of mine shortly after getting my new PSU..bad coincidence xP I'll have to see.

The driver crashes does not take the PSU off the table. When the GPU isn't properly powered, it will cause a malfunction that results in the drivers crashing. Overheating will also cause the drivers to crash.
  9. that was the issue that old psu was a turd in a box the new one will work well
  10. Yeah was just clarifying.

Quote:
    Overheating will also cause the drivers to crash.

Well, along with the power supply, I also got a new motherboard, RAM, CPU cooler and case, so, it should definitely run better.. Old case had terrible airflow due to lack of cable management + fans.

i7 2600 @ 4.3Ghz (+ Noctua NH-D14)
    Leadtek GeForce GTX 550 Ti
    Asus Maximus IV Extreme
    16Gb Corsair Vengeance LP Ram @ 1648Mhz
    Corsair TX750M
    Thermaltake MK-1 Chaser
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx DDR3 ASrock Crysis Graphics