Computer shuts down right after being turned on

kanvuanza

Honorable
May 26, 2012
Hi all!

There are a lot of questions like these, but I believe that my problem is different.

I just bought an EEE Seashell today. When putting Windows Home from USB some error occurred and I was asked to choose some driver, so I choose some random folder and two options appeared: "Processor Intel amd64" and "Processor amd64". I was just having fun and I choosed the second one, then my computer went down abruptly.

Nothing works. My laptop can't start, BIOS don't works, recover to factory settings don't works. It shutdown after about a second. Do I damaged my hardware?

Thanks in advance,
Pedro

Solution
Hi,

Nothing you do in software should hurt the BIOS + HW. If you can't post to the bios then something else is wrong.

Try resetting the laptop. Each latop has its own procedure. Suggest unplugging the laptop and removing the battery and waiting a good 2 mins for the capacitors to drain. Then put battery back in, plug in and power up. If that doesn't work google 'reset your laptops model number and see what comes up.

Debugging for post failure (not able to get to bios) is usually done by removing stuff until it POSTS. for laptops this a pain but sometimes works. remove anything externally plugged (e.g. usb prniter, drive,..). POST? no- pull memory, mini-pci network, etc. eventually it should post.
Hi,

Nothing you do in software should hurt the BIOS + HW. If you can't post to the bios then something else is wrong.

Try resetting the laptop. Each latop has its own procedure. Suggest unplugging the laptop and removing the battery and waiting a good 2 mins for the capacitors to drain. Then put battery back in, plug in and power up. If that doesn't work google 'reset your laptops model number and see what comes up.

Debugging for post failure (not able to get to bios) is usually done by removing stuff until it POSTS. for laptops this a pain but sometimes works. remove anything externally plugged (e.g. usb prniter, drive,..). POST? no- pull memory, mini-pci network, etc. eventually it should post.

Solution

kanvuanza

Honorable
May 26, 2012

Thanks, it worked! :D

Useful info for another time. :)

TRENDING THREADS