Jordan

Oh, wait, nevermind... the pics of all 3 cables (composite, RGB,
component) show that the plug is a little wider and supports digital
audio out. Most likely an optical connection, just like the Xbox.

- Jordan

"Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message

What about sound?
What cables is the 360 going to support for sound?

> Oh, wait, nevermind... the pics of all 3 cables (composite, RGB,
> component) show that the plug is a little wider and supports digital
> audio out. Most likely an optical connection, just like the Xbox.

I couldn't make it out in the photo's that's why I asked.
GameStop and EB need to get off their asses and make a spot for these
products on their sites!

In article <oZWdnWffOoV2BZHeRVn-ug@suscom.com>,
Boody Bandit <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Oh, wait, nevermind... the pics of all 3 cables (composite, RGB,
>> component) show that the plug is a little wider and supports digital
>> audio out. Most likely an optical connection, just like the Xbox.
>
>I couldn't make it out in the photo's that's why I asked.
>GameStop and EB need to get off their asses and make a spot for these
>products on their sites!

EB has a 360 tab now including games and accessories.

Accessories page:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/deptpage.asp?web_dept=Xbox+360&web_sub_dept=Accessories

They have pictures of each item.

I don't see any digital audio connections on any of the AV cables.

Vin

Jordan

If you zoom in on page 1 of the brochure it mentions it on each cable.
The cable is pressed flat so you won't be able to see the digital audio
plug, just like the original pics of the AV kits when the Xbox was
released.

- Jordan

Zackman wrote:

> If you look at the HD A/V cable, it's got red and white connectors
> (standard audio), RGB connectors (component video) and one yellow
> connector left over, which I'd guess is digital coax. Maybe this
> means they don't have digital optical?

Scratch that, it must be composite video. Tho why you'd need that on an AV
cable with S-video or component video is a little weird. I guess in case you
take your console to your low-tech friend's house. :)

The descriptions mention digital optical audio, so maybe like the other
poster said the plug is elsewhere on the cable, maybe near the base. You
probably have to supply your own toslink cable.

-Z-

Jordan

It's kind of nice to have composite and s-video on the same cable
because you can flip between the two. It really shows how much better
s-video is. I really couldn't believe how much a difference it made.

- Jordan

In article <1124854531.530321.88160@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
lundj@earthlink.net says...
> I had seen the first page of the brochure before, turns out there's
> more:
>
> Page 1:
> http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_295/vortal_pic_147528.jpg
>
> Page 2:
> http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_295/vortal_pic_147529.jpg
>
> Page 3:
> http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_295/vortal_pic_147530.jpg
>
> Page 4:
> http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_295/vortal_pic_147531.jpg
>
> Page 5:
> http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_295/vortal_pic_147532.jpg
>
> Page 6:
> http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_295/vortal_pic_147533.jpg
>
> If you change the numbers at the end there are some interesting screen
> shots too, but I don't know what games they are or even if they're for
> the 360 or not.

The game pictures look like Gears of War.

--
Rob Berryhill

Zackman <zackman@spamisevilearthling.net> wrote:

> The descriptions mention digital optical audio, so maybe like the other
> poster said the plug is elsewhere on the cable, maybe near the base. You
> probably have to supply your own toslink cable.

How is everyone doing it for the Xbox?

My component cable kit from Microsoft just has the 2 standard stereo
cables and the 3 video cables, but on the connector there's a place to
plug in your toslink cable. It's not included in the kit - you have to
buy one separately. Yes, the connector is rather large, and even has
little "legs" to support it, so its weight doesn't cause it to sag and
detatch itself from your Xbox. A rather silly design, I thought.

I'm assuming that the 360 will use the same cable kit since the 360
doesn't appear to have a built-in optical audio port like the Playstations
do. Again, silly design.