Second GPU not detected on Cold Boot, once restarted it's detected.

Do you have the two GTX 470's connected in SLI? Once you reboot the second card is detected and works fine? From a cold boot after you get into the desktop do you go into the nvidia control panel to check if it's recognized there? Hve you trid uninstalling both cards and then reinstalling them?

xninelives

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012

Sorry it took me so long to reply. Yes its exactly what you thought. It doesn't show up the first boot but the second it does. Also I just flashed my bios to the newest bios. No help. No I'm experiencing some weird red lines (artifacts I think they're called?) at bootup. Though when I get into windows everything is normal. Played BF3 fine 60 fps on ultra preset. So it can't be bios, it can't be driver related (I did fresh windows install and just installed nvidia drivers, still problem persists), it can't be the motherboard because I switched my second gpu to a different slot, still no help. One weird thing is that every time I install nvidia drivers it detects the second gpu no problem (even on a unfresh install of windows 7, like if I reinstalled drivers). These GTX 470s I got are reference cards that were used for testing. Could it just be the GPU's themselves that have caused the problems? If so its alright because I can get a nice new 680 that can fix my problems. What do you guys think?

xninelives

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
I just flashed my bios back to what they were that came stock (70.00.34.00.03) or some *** close to that number. Anyways the point is is that I don't have artifacts at bootup. I don't know what to do I am just thinking of living with this problem until I get the new GTX 680 classified by EVGA.

gonedns

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
I have got EXACTLY the same problem, my second GTX670 is not detected on cold boot, once restarted, it working perfect. I've tried everything, new ram, new motherboard, new SLI bridge, new OS install, clear CMOS... but allways with the same result. Ive read many many solutions on forum but nothing works for me... Can anybody help?

My system:
AsRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel i5 - 3750K
8gb g.skill ripjaws x ddr3-1600
SLI 2x Asus GTX670 Direct CUII
Windows 7 ULTIMATE 64bits
Aerocool X-treme 1100W PSU

Thx!