Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

$800 to $1000 (AUD) First time building please help

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 26, 2012 8:03:16 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: In a month or two.

Budget Range: $800 to $1000 AUD. I don't know anything about rebate?

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming and web browsing.

Parts Not Required: I really only need a moniter.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Well im looking at one site called http://www.ple.com.au at the moment but i recently found a new site called http://www.mwave.com.au but haven't really looked at anything so im not sure what kind of prices there are.

Country: Australia

Parts Preferences: Well defiantly nVidia for video card and im not to worried about the rest.

Overclocking: Most likely

SLI or Crossfire: Well ive been thinking about SLI i might buy one card now and buy another later when i have some more cash

Monitor Resolution: Highest possible (i have a small '22 inch tv with HDMI and vga input so that might work)

Additional Comments: Well i have some idea what i want but its a just a little bit over what i want so i would like it as cheap as i can get it.

INTEL CORE i5 3570K IVY BRIDGE 3.4GHz 6MB
http://www.ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?InventoryItemId=609...

COOLERMASTER STORM ENFORCER GAMING CASE
http://www.ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?InventoryItemID=607...

GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3 DESKTOP MOTHERBOARD
http://www.ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?InventoryItemID=607...

Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti 1GB GDDR5 Video Card
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gigabyte-Nvidia-Geforce-GTX-...

SEAGATE BARRACUDA 3.5" 500GB 16MB 7200RPM
http://www.ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?InventoryItemID=607...

XFX CORE EDITION 650W 80PLUS PSU
http://www.ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?InventoryItemID=606...

SILICON POWER 8GB KIT DDR3 (I know its bad but it was cheapest unless you guys find some better memory)
http://www.ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?InventoryItemID=607...

COOLERMASTER HYPER 212 EVO CPU COOLER
http://www.ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?InventoryItemID=608...

LITE-ON iHAS-324 REV.B 24x SATA DVD-R/RW/DL BLACK
http://www.ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?InventoryItemID=601...
May 26, 2012 8:27:54 AM

I live in a country town so i don't have access to those computer stores so i have to buy online and also i put in a optical drive i kinda forgot to add it.

Thanks for the comment
m
0
l
Related resources
May 26, 2012 9:57:35 AM

Thanks for the links and im currently on a site called http://www.netplus.com.au and you can select all the parts and they can build or they just send parts so im eager to see what the end result off this is
m
0
l
May 26, 2012 10:15:54 AM

Hey Azza,
I am a fellow Aussie, go to pccasegear.com if you cant go to a store, they have the best prices for online and good shipping fees.
As for your system..
Try this one:
CPU: i5 3570k $245
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
RAM: Kingston Hyper X $59
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
Case: Coolermaster elite 430 $49
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H $145
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
GPU: HIS Radeon HD7850 2GB $265
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB $99
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
PSU: OCZ Technology ZS series 650watt psu $85
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO $39
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
That Comes to around $1000 with shipping, you can go with out a cpu cooler and get cheaper cpu such as the i5 2500k to save dem monies
GLHF
Siege Templar
m
0
l
May 26, 2012 10:33:15 AM

siege_templar said:
Hey Azza,
I am a fellow Aussie, go to pccasegear.com if you cant go to a store, they have the best prices for online and good shipping fees.
As for your system..
Try this one:
CPU: i5 3570k $245
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
RAM: Kingston Hyper X $59
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
Case: Coolermaster elite 430 $49
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H $145
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
GPU: HIS Radeon HD7850 2GB $265
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB $99
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
PSU: OCZ Technology ZS series 650watt psu $85
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO $39
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
That Comes to around $1000 with shipping, you can go with out a cpu cooler and get cheaper cpu such as the i5 2500k to save dem monies
GLHF
Siege Templar


Thanks for the help im getting kind of confused on where to buy because every site has something cheaper but i want to buy them all in one go for the cheapest price possible.
m
0
l
May 26, 2012 10:56:07 AM

siege_templar

I can get it all on the site you recomened for $1203 and on this other site i can have the same stuff plus a 60GB SSD for $1203 so ill go with http://www.netplus.com.au and thanks for the comment.

Ive just got to get the money now.
m
0
l
May 26, 2012 8:21:17 PM

Please check the reputation of the sites you are using. I have read about a few sites down there that are all identical in appearance that have bad service and are slow when they deliver at all. I don't recall the names though. Both those sites look OK on the surface, but I have to wonder.

I have been advising builders for 5 years now, including hundreds of Aussies, and never heard of PLE or Netplus. If they are under my radar, how is it they can have such competitive prices?

Not saying you shouldn't use them, just be careful.

And I haven't actually said yet, but the parts lists are all good.
m
0
l
May 27, 2012 3:52:54 AM

Proximon said:
Please check the reputation of the sites you are using. I have read about a few sites down there that are all identical in appearance that have bad service and are slow when they deliver at all. I don't recall the names though. Both those sites look OK on the surface, but I have to wonder.

I have been advising builders for 5 years now, including hundreds of Aussies, and never heard of PLE or Netplus. If they are under my radar, how is it they can have such competitive prices?

Not saying you shouldn't use them, just be careful.

And I haven't actually said yet, but the parts lists are all good.


Well i did a bit of price comparison and found that PcCaseGear are cheaper after all so ive gone with them.

And here are my parts and finally cost.

Cpu - Intel Core i5 3570K CPU - $239
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

After market cpu cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler - $39
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Mobo - Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3B3 Z68 - $149
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Corsair Vengeance CML16GX3M4A1600C9 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 - $129
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM - $99
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

SSD - 60Gb OCZ Agility III SATA3 - $75
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Video card - ASUS GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II Overclocked 1GB - $229
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

DVD Drive - LG GH24NS90 24x SATA DVD-RW Drive OEM - $22
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Case - CoolerMaster CM Storm Enforcer- $95
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Power supply 750W CoolerMaster GX PSU - $109
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Network card - Asus PCE-N15 Wireless 11n - $45
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Extra fans - CoolerMaster 120mm 2-Pack Silent LED Fans
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...




TOTAL - $1425 Including shipping and insurance
m
0
l
May 27, 2012 4:31:48 AM

Fellow Aussie here, also making a rig with a $1500 budget.
Iv found that there are 3 stores with the cheapest prices, MSY, PC Case Gear and Umart. Everywhere else (in the Melbourne area at-least) is more expensive or can only offer similar prices. Getting all your parts from one store can save hassle, but you need to look around a lot if you want to squeeze the most out of your coin. And check out any local stores to you, they often have deals with suppliers and get stuff cheap.

Oh yea, make sure GST is included, bit me in the arse when I was trying to budget.
m
0
l
May 27, 2012 5:19:56 AM

manofchalk said:
Fellow Aussie here, also making a rig with a $1500 budget.
Iv found that there are 3 stores with the cheapest prices, MSY, PC Case Gear and Umart. Everywhere else (in the Melbourne area at-least) is more expensive or can only offer similar prices. Getting all your parts from one store can save hassle, but you need to look around a lot if you want to squeeze the most out of your coin. And check out any local stores to you, they often have deals with suppliers and get stuff cheap.

Oh yea, make sure GST is included, bit me in the arse when I was trying to budget.


Thanks for the comment and im going with PC Case Gear and where i live there is only one computer shop which is like 5 times the normal price so im going to get all my stuff online from one store but thanks anyway.
m
0
l
May 27, 2012 6:31:16 AM

The PSU:
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-GX...

"Cooler Master GX 750 W looks like a good option for users looking for a mainstream 750 W power supply, however it has a major flaw that prevents us from recommending it: noise level at +3.3 V and +5VSB outputs were above the maximum allowed when we pulled 600 W and above from this unit. High noise levels overload and can even damage components on your computer."

OCZ 750W
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/OCZ-Fatal1ty-750...

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

"In summary, OCZ Fatal1ty 750 W is probably the power supply on this power range with the best cost/benefit ratio on the market today."
m
0
l
May 27, 2012 6:58:31 AM

Proximon said:
The PSU:
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-GX...

"Cooler Master GX 750 W looks like a good option for users looking for a mainstream 750 W power supply, however it has a major flaw that prevents us from recommending it: noise level at +3.3 V and +5VSB outputs were above the maximum allowed when we pulled 600 W and above from this unit. High noise levels overload and can even damage components on your computer."

OCZ 750W
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/OCZ-Fatal1ty-750...

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

"In summary, OCZ Fatal1ty 750 W is probably the power supply on this power range with the best cost/benefit ratio on the market today."



Thanks for that ill look into it right away you've been really helpful to thanks.
m
0
l
May 27, 2012 7:30:25 AM

Well i think im going with these please let me know what you think. Cheers!

Cpu - Intel Core i5 3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz - $239
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

After market cpu cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler - $39
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Mobo - Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3B3 Z68 - $149
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Memory - Corsair Vengeance CML16GX3M4A1600C9 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 - $129
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM - $99
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

SSD - 120Gb OCZ Agility III SATA3 - $75
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Video card - ASUS GeForce GTX 560Ti DirectCU II TOP 1GB - $229
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

DVD - LG GH24-NS70 24X SATA Black DVDRW, Dual Layer Kit; DVDRAM DVD Writer - $22
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Case - CoolerMaster CM Storm Enforcer- $95
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Power supply - 750W CoolerMaster GX PSU - $109
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Network card - Asus PCE-N15 Wireless 11n - $45
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Extra fans - CoolerMaster 120mm 2-Pack Silent LED Fans
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...




TOTAL - $1481 Including shipping and insurance
m
0
l
May 27, 2012 8:49:02 AM

Proximon said:
Your usage is listed as gaming and web browsing... you don't need 16GB of RAM, it won't make any game faster.

Spend that extra money on a stronger GPU, and then you will have better game performance.

G.skill 8GB kit
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

7850
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

GTX 570
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Well i was thinking about the GTX 560 ti SLI eventually and 16GB of ram for games that come out later cause BF3 chews through about 6GB so as games become more intense the more memory will be required i think. But i will definitely think about this thanks.
m
0
l
May 27, 2012 9:11:58 AM

actually forget what i said im going with 8GB and i might keep the same card for sli later on but thanks for the comment.
m
0
l
May 27, 2012 9:59:19 AM

Ok this is finally the end product from PC Case Gear but hopefully i can go to perth or something and get the parts from one of the stores so i wont have to pay for shipping and stuff but anyway thanks everybody especially Proximon for the comments and advice. So heres my list going on current Pc Case Gear prices.

Cpu - Intel Core i5 3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz - $239
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

After market cpu cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler - $39
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Mobo - ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard - $155
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Memory - G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 - $65
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM - $99
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

SSD - 120Gb OCZ Agility III SATA3 - $75
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Video card - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 570 1280MB Overclocked V2 - $329
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

DVD - LG GH24-NS70 24X SATA Black DVDRW, Dual Layer Kit; DVDRAM DVD Writer - $22
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Case - CoolerMaster CM Storm Enforcer- $95
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Power supply - OCZ Fatal1ty Series 750W Modular - $109
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Network card - Asus PCE-N15 Wireless 11n - $45
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Extra fans - CoolerMaster 120mm 2-Pack Silent LED Fans - $19
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...




TOTAL - $1525 Including shipping and insurance

The price is a bit over what i wanted but if i want quality i cant go cheap for everything.
m
0
l
May 27, 2012 10:16:40 AM

That seems better. Make sure you have Win 7 64-bit.
m
0
l
May 27, 2012 10:21:15 AM

Yeah i got it on a disc somewhere from when i brought my Alienware (very bad choice) so i dont have to pay like another 100 bucks so yeah now all i need to do is get the money and im good XD
m
0
l
May 27, 2012 12:51:14 PM

That list is looking really good. Even if the only part you can get from a local supplier is the case, you'll notice your shipping from PCCaseGear drops considerably (usually half). Going from VIC to WA your shipping would be huge :) 

Good luck with your build
m
0
l
May 27, 2012 2:45:56 PM

Yeah its like 160 bucks or so and thanks
m
0
l
May 28, 2012 2:15:48 PM

Is it better to go with the i5 2500k or the i5 3570k because i was doing some research into the cards and most people said to go with the 2500k for gaming because its very easy to overclock. So what do you guys recommend?
m
0
l
May 28, 2012 7:54:41 PM

The 3570K is faster at stock speeds, while the 2500K has to be overclocked a good bit before it pulls ahead of the moderately overclocked 3570K. My advice would be to stick with the faster stock CPU, the 3570K, and not worry about overclocking at all right now.
m
0
l
May 28, 2012 7:59:51 PM

Yes, this is what most people do not get. IB doesn't need a similar OC to match an OC of SB. 4.2 GHz is about 4.5 GHz SB.
m
0
l
May 29, 2012 5:14:54 AM

ok so ill be sticking with the 3570k then thanks guys.
m
0
l
May 29, 2012 6:00:52 AM

Good choice!
m
0
l
May 29, 2012 8:36:39 AM

I just noticed that Pc Case Gear have removed the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 570 1280MB Overclocked V2 so should i go for the other gigabyte one which is the Gigabyte Geforce GTX 570 Super Overclock 1280MB or just go back to the 560 ti?
m
0
l
May 29, 2012 9:02:46 AM

or should i go for a 580 but then again that will cost even more please go ahead and comment what you recommend!!!!
m
0
l
May 29, 2012 11:22:47 AM

They still have some other good models in stock. Of the ones left I'd take:

MSI GeForce GTX 570 Twin Frozr III Power Edition
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Or the Gigabyte... but the MSI is $15 cheaper :) 

If you do decide to increase your budget to include a gtx 580, go a gtx 670 instead:
Check these benches:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-670-rev...

EDIT: Sorry I see there are 580s now that are $40 - 50 cheaper than a 670. I'd still choose the 570 over a 580
m
0
l
May 29, 2012 12:02:48 PM

ok thanks for the reply and is there anything wrong with the Inno3D GeForce GTX 570 1280MB because its cheaper then the others?
m
0
l
May 30, 2012 7:37:46 AM

azza98132 said:
siege_templar

I can get it all on the site you recomened for $1203 and on this other site i can have the same stuff plus a 60GB SSD for $1203 so ill go with http://www.netplus.com.au and thanks for the comment.

Ive just got to get the money now.

I just feel that site is the easiest to maneuver to get a ruff estimate, i would also go with what ever is cheaper.
Good Luck my friend.
m
0
l
!