Need suggestions and a bit of help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello Tom's hardware experts, my brain is being confused thinking of which one to get of the following:
Intel 3rd Generation 1155 processor Core i5 3570 and Intel 3rd Generation 1155 processor Core i7 3770.
Some say that HT helps in battlefield 3. Some say don't get HT, it will decrease performance. NOW I want to know that including the hyperthreading, which one is better, which one is more beneficial and which one is worth getting. I also want to know all the differences between the two and why is it called i7(I mean better than i5). I am not going to overclock. I am going to get the following gaming gear:
MB:Asus Sabertooth z77.
Ram: I can't decide between 8gb corsair 1600mhz and 2400mhz. Is 2400mhz worth getting?
CPU: I told you that I am confused!!!
Cabinet: Antec Twelve hundred V3.
PSU: SeaSonic X-560.(MODULAR)
Should I get watercooling or aircooling?
WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 bit.
AOC e2043Fsk
(FOR 90% GAMING).

No hyperthreading doesn't help in 95% of games today. I have heard there are a couple but I don't know what they are.

The difference between i5 and i7 is i5 doesn't have hyperthreading.

As far as i7 being slower in games because of hyperthreading, it's a very limited number of games, and the difference is so small you would never notice, maybe 1-2%.

If your mainly a gamer, get the i5.

Are you planning to run multiple video cards? Cause if you only running one video card and your not overclocking, you should be looking at H77/B75 motherboards, not Z77, especially a $240 Z77. You can get a nice H77 for less than $100.

inerax

Distinguished
You are going crazy. Relax :)

The 3770 is a great CPU. It will do fine for gaming. BF3 is a very GPU heavy game as well as CPU heavy game.

Do I dare ask your GPU situation?

Also, I prefer air cooling. Upgrade the cooler for the CPU, get a good case (maybe upgrade the case fans) and you should be set. I use XFX graphics cards because they come with a lifetime warranty.

lifetime warranty = stock cooler on the gpu and you dont have to worry about it over heating. It it does over heat and crap out then you can call them and get one sent to you.

G

Yes I'll get the asus gtx 660 ti. And I want to know about the 100mhz difference and what is embedded options available?
Sorry that I forgot mention the gpu. Forgive a 10 year old child. OH Ow! JAYNAR SIR IS HERE, Sorry Sir for asking about the cpu again, I'm really sorry.!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.