Battlefield 3 gtx 560 lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grapez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
Hello,
i have a gtx 560 NON ti, and when i play battlefield 3, it lags. i thought this card was BF3 ready?
other specs

amd x2 555 BE @3.4 ghz
4gb corsair xms3 ram
60gb corsair force 3 ssd

Solution
Definately the ram , I had the same problem running only 4gb of ram , once I bumped it to 8gb the stuttering dissapeared and I'm using SLI and an old QX9650.
Grab another 4gb of ram , its cheap and you will benefit from it.

grapez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012

well, cant i be "bottlenecking" the card?

origin is slow for me for one. that's why i don't play this game anymore.

your processor isn't the greatest and IMO doesn't have enough cores for this game. 2 cores are probably almost continually taxed.

the 560 is known not to produce frame rates fast enough to keep this and other games from stuttering.......

let's here it about that boys!!!!!

grapez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012

aw what are you serious?! the NVIDIA website states you will get 40 fps at my res maxed :/

matter37

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
nVidia will not tell the complete truth man, they are a company and they want money, so they boast and don't tell the complete truth about things, what they are probably saying is that when they tested BF3 with that card on max settings, they got a MAX of 40 fps, they just don't say that, and it is possible you could have bottlenecking going on as well

You can always play on high settings, you can't really tell apart that from ultra unless you're trying very very hard - and you won't do that if you want not to die and shoot some one. Also, your processor would be too weak for Ultra setting too.

I wouldn't worry about it! BF3 is extremely computer eating thing, only graphic cards that cost $350+ could max it out, and you bought a card thats half the price. Just try it on high, I bet you won't see the difference.

Also, you could try going with ultra settings with MSAA turned down. That's how nvidia tested it btw. It was also tested on more powerful processor, and single player. Anyway, just try it out, might work for you!

ChrisKABA

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Yeah, from everything I've experienced & read, you cannot max out BF3 with any single card that currently exists. Only high end SLI/Crossfire setups are apparently able to atm.

monsta

Splendid
You need more than 4GB of ram if you are trying to max out BF3 on ultra, its being eaten up by your vram that is why yours is lagging , I've seen ram usage on BF3 go over 5GB of ram on BF3. Add more ram and it will alleviate your lag. Also drop the MSAA and you will get better gameplay.

grapez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012

so my cpu isnt the bottleneck? its my ram?

monsta

Splendid
Definately the ram , I had the same problem running only 4gb of ram , once I bumped it to 8gb the stuttering dissapeared and I'm using SLI and an old QX9650.
Grab another 4gb of ram , its cheap and you will benefit from it.

Solution

You can determine if the CPU is or isn't your bottleneck by checking if your PSU is running all out when you're playing BF3. If both cores are running at their maximum, or very close to it, then your CPU is causing a bottleneck and will need to upgrade to a better CPU.

If you are encountering a lot of page file swapping then you don't have an adequate amount of RAM. You will then need to add more system RAM.

grapez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012

okay! thank you. i will upgrade ASAP. it didnt make sense to me, when people were maxing out bf3 on their gtx 550 ti's and i could not. Or, people i asked lied to me. Thanks for the info.

G

I have 8gb of ram with an i5 sandy bridge 3.1ghz and i also have trouble running the game on ultra at the same resolution with the same card. Sometimes the frames dips down into the high 20s and it gets very noticeable and annoying. Your best bet is to simply turn off the AA or play it on high.

Status
Not open for further replies.