rebates

What is it with all the resellers offering rebates that require you to keep
service for 180 days? It's ridiculous, damn I remember when all rebates use
to be instant, it's almost not worth the hassle to do the rebates from
places like tigerdirect or letstalk or buy.com. Hell best buy has the phones
reasonably priced, I'm looking at the black and silver razr, I'd almost
rather buy there then have to worry about 6 months down the road and my
rebate more then likely will be late, because six months isn't enough time
for them to process a simple rebate.

Capt.

Joe

That nothing its one rebate. Here is a repost I once made on rebates. I sent
all of these off 6-6-2005 I have currnetly got three of them.

Joe

I don't know how that rebate would work but I am about sick of
Bellsouth/Cingular rebates right now. They can make for a good deal but they
are a total pain in the butt. I just switched My home phone service and
internet to belsouth and cells to cingular because of the deals I get by
bundling them. I had to fill out SEVEN rebate forms to get the deal I was
offered

$100 to switch home phone service to bellsouth
$100 to get bellsouth DSL and Cingular Wireless
$100 Rebate for DSL modem
$50 Rebate for DSL activation
$50 Rebate on first Motorola V180
$50 Rebate on second Motorola V180
$30 Bonus Rebate on first Motorola V180

So I get $480 in rebates but my first phone bill was $510 that I had to
shell out all at once. Now I have to wait for these SEVEN rebates to trickle
in one at a time over the next 2-3 months. Next time I will just say no to
rebates

In <TqqIe.2$Zo3.0@fe03.lga> on Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:24:27 -0500, "Capn"
<capn@charter.net> wrote:

>What is it with all the resellers offering rebates that require you to keep
>service for 180 days? It's ridiculous, ...

It's actually good business. The rebate is based on using the service, not
take the money and run.