Diagnosing your PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpero

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
When I turn my Acer Aspire on, it reaches the logo screen then a message "Diagnosing your PC" appears and nothing happens. The computer remains stuck and will not boot further. I have Windows 8 and the computer is 1 month old. This just started.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
Ralph

kyllien

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Power it off then on after the diagnosing screen appears, a couple times. When the boot manager shows up you can find more options there. Including options to Roll-back, Refresh, or Reinstall Windows 8.

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005

You might have to wait abit longer for the diagnostic to do its thing, this happened to me and it took quite a while for it to finish. I do agree they should have included a meter telling you or showing its progress

the_russian

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Gomerpile... Are You Sure That It Would Work? Been Waiting For Only About twenty Minutes For My Windows eight Laptop To Boot Up. same With That guy im stuck at diagnosing your PC.. was playing a game then the game crashed so i disconnected From my Net and had a restart.. After That it Says there prep automatic repair then went to diagnosing ur pc, until now stuck at it..

It may be doing a full chkdsk run in the background and not showing any progress. Depending on the size of your hard drive, this can take several hours. Best bet would be to leave it overnight. If it's still there in the morning, power the machine off, regardless of it's state and turn it back on after about 30 seconds.

the_russian

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013

Well.. i turned it Off already.. but this has happened to my laptop for second Time. I damn forgot what i keys i pressed to cancel it.

thunderstruck_rock

Honorable
May 31, 2013
Same with me... but kinda different.
I was using my windows 8 (PC) normally when everything began to freeze. 20 minutes passed and I decided to reboot using the reset button. When it was going to the login screen, the "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" flashed and the PC rebooted. Then entered in the "Preparing to Automatic Repair". Then, it went into a blank screen (all black) with a mouse pointer there. I spent about 40 minutes waiting for something.

Solution:
I made a Automatic Repair using a friend's Repair CD (I haven't done one.. I know, I'm a dumb man). When I chose the "automatic repair", it went into a blue screen, without anything written or mouse pointer. Took about an hour or more to go from this state to the "Diagnosing your PC". Another hour passed and this message appeared "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.". It took 15 minutes. So then, the PC booted again, entered again in the "automatic repair" mode by itself and begun to "trying repair" or something like that. (gonna post the update soon).
I don't know what's the problem, but what I know is that those problems demand a lot of patience. A LOT. So I'm going to let it "Diagnosing" and see what happen. Soon (I hope) I'll post some update.:fou:

If you don't have the CD:
wait for the automatic repair. I didn't need, but I believe if I had waited several hours, it would be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.