512kb file size limit now on nokia 6600??? WTF?

Last response: in Brands
Share
May 28, 2004 7:56:46 PM

I've got a nokia 6600 which had vers 3.4.2 firmware, which I used with the
MA version 7 Handset Manager software on bluetooth. I used to be able to
upload any file size wavs to my mem card that I saw fit....

Yesterday I got firmware 4.9.1 installed on the phone and at the same time
saw that Version 8 of the MA Handset Manager software is out so I updated
that too.

Now when it comes to uploading a 1.6mb wav file to my mem card (which has at
least 100mb of free space) I get an error saying file size too big and that
there is a 512k limit for this wav files! WTF?

Is this Nokia's latest firmware or the MA software? Anyone have any clues?

Cheers,

Carl

More about : 512kb file size limit nokia 6600 wtf

Anonymous
May 29, 2004 12:33:28 PM

use a different file manager.
its nto a handset limitation.

"Carl" <reply@group.please> wrote in message
> I've got a nokia 6600 which had vers 3.4.2 firmware, which I used with the
> MA version 7 Handset Manager software on bluetooth. I used to be able to
> upload any file size wavs to my mem card that I saw fit....
>
> Yesterday I got firmware 4.9.1 installed on the phone and at the same time
> saw that Version 8 of the MA Handset Manager software is out so I updated
> that too.
>
> Now when it comes to uploading a 1.6mb wav file to my mem card (which has
at
> least 100mb of free space) I get an error saying file size too big and
that
> there is a 512k limit for this wav files! WTF?
>
> Is this Nokia's latest firmware or the MA software? Anyone have any
clues?

> Cheers,
>
> Carl

December 16, 2009 12:04:12 AM

I just bought a Nokia 6350 and whenever I try to select a custom ringtone from my memory card (previously used in my Nokia 6126) I get a message that says, "Unable to select: File size too large."

Nokia customer support has so far been compeltely flumoxed and is of no help.

I am returning it to AT&T.
!