How to make world at war work on this.

I have an AMD Athlon Xp 3200. Everytime I try to launch the game, It crashes. I think It has something to do with not having sse2. Is there a way to rename a file or download a certain program to help this game work? Thank you.
7 answers Last reply
More about make world work this
  1. as you already know from your own digging, its not going to happen until you upgrade that processor.
  2. You're not going to be able to run games with that CPU. It's not worth spending the money on upgrading that computer trash it and get a new computer or build your own.
  3. popatim said:
    as you already know from your own digging, its not going to happen until you upgrade that processor.

I don't want to spend money on a new one I just want to get the best out of what I have
  4. Well you're not going to be able to. The processor is to old and can't handle modern games. You either have to upgrade the processor (which I wouldn't waste my time doing) or get a new computer.
  5. rds1220 said:
    Well you're not going to be able to. The processor is to old and can't handle modern games. You either have to upgrade the processor (which I wouldn't waste my time doing) or get a new computer.

ok
  6. SSE is not the problem, the problem is that you are trying to run a multicore support title on a single core processor that is really old and tired now.

As the saying goes, you can't squeeze blood from a rock.

You can build a Phenom II x 4 setup for around $300
  7. Anonymous said:
    ok

Depending on how much you want to spend I would go with an I3 and a cheap Z68 board and then go from there.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Games Windows XP