Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New Build Problems

Last response: in Systems
May 26, 2012 1:57:05 PM

I built my pc about a week or so ago and Im having an issue where it will randomly shutdown and if I choose to shutdown my screen will go black but motherboard and lights fans ect. will stay on, and it wont let me turn off mother board with power button I have to unplug the PSU. To explain the shutdown problem in better detail the red alarm LED will be lit and from MSI manual that means DRmos overheat and red leds under both my HD 4850's will be lit as well. If I unplug and replug from their it will go into reboot cycles, the only way it seems to work again is hitting the reset cmos button. When it is up and running such as now it runs fine i play BF3 on high settings at stable 60 FPS. If you need any extra info feel free to ask. Thanks for your time.

More about : build problems

May 26, 2012 2:10:39 PM

It sounds to me as though the PSU's ACPI controller is not compatible with the ACPI interface of the motherboard try using a differnt PSU
m
l
May 26, 2012 2:58:31 PM

firo40 said:
It sounds to me as though the PSU's ACPI controller is not compatible with the ACPI interface of the motherboard try using a differnt PSU

That could be it because I have issues every time my pc goes into sleep
m
l
Related resources
May 27, 2012 11:07:17 AM

anyone have any other ideas on what my problem could be?
m
l
a c 122 B Homebuilt system
May 27, 2012 3:13:54 PM

It sounds to me like you have a minor problem with your PSU. Have you tried a new different PSU yet?
m
l
May 27, 2012 3:20:16 PM

jsc said:
It sounds to me like you have a minor problem with your PSU. Have you tried a new different PSU yet?

I don't have any other PSU to try im willing to buy one though.

Every time I shut down restart or sleep my pc wont reboot unless i clear cmos and unplug the psu a few times and if im lucky it wont just shut down again when I reach windows. Does this sound like a PSU problem or could it be a motherboard problem aswell?
m
l

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
May 27, 2012 3:46:10 PM

Hi there, can u post the model name of your Dell PSU?

I would say the culprit is the PSU as well.

One way to find out, is to try another PSU, just like jsc suggested.

May 27, 2012 3:49:07 PM

nikorr said:
Hi there, can u post the model name of your Dell PSU?

I would say the culprit is the PSU as well.

One way to find out, is to try another PSU, just like jsc suggested.

Here is a pic of my PSU. http://minus.com/loCTS7xaq4R4M

Looks like D750E-00

I tried looking on MSI's site about compatibly with PSU and couldn't find anything.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 30, 2012 12:11:49 PM

snipersam15, any news?
m
l
May 31, 2012 12:46:52 AM

nikorr said:
snipersam15, any news?

I orderd new PSU should be here tomorrow Ill close thread if it works. Thanks for checking in. :) 
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 31, 2012 11:32:02 AM

Let us know : )
m
l
May 31, 2012 7:50:40 PM

I just installed new PSU it seems to have fixed my problems Ill test everything over today hopefully this fixes the problem thanks guys.
Ill leave thread open until im sure this fixed it.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 31, 2012 7:59:26 PM

Cool.
m
l
June 1, 2012 2:11:40 AM

Best answer selected by snipersam15.
m
l
June 1, 2012 2:14:20 AM

Worked fine all day I think its all good. Thanks guys

p.s opening a ram thread if anyone has knowledge on it that would be awesome.
m
l
!