Which is better for gaming GTX 680 or Radeon 7970 eyefinity six?

G

I am trying to decide weather to build a super high end i7 setup (i7 3960x, GTX 680 SLI, Asus Republic of Gamers Rampage IV Extreme) or a six monitor thunderbolt setup (AMD 8 core black, eyefinity six card, Asus republic of gamers Crosshair with thunderbolt card) and was wondering which would provide the best gaming experience.

Solution
It should be a combiation of the two for the best result. Go with the 3960 and the Asus board with the six monitor 7970. The reason being is that the Intel cpu will out perform the AMD cpu by a wide margin in gaming and Nvidia can't do six monitors but can do four , so if you want six you'll have to go with the 7970.
It should be a combiation of the two for the best result. Go with the 3960 and the Asus board with the six monitor 7970. The reason being is that the Intel cpu will out perform the AMD cpu by a wide margin in gaming and Nvidia can't do six monitors but can do four , so if you want six you'll have to go with the 7970.

Solution

Mine is simple, the GTX680 outperforms the HD7970 and the I7 3960x outperforms the FX8150! Which are both facts that can be proved by links if need be! That is totally ignoring the fact that there is nothing out there that anybody will notice the difference!

Earnie

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2005

chill grandpa!I dont need any biased links for anything.I guess being As some say"A fanboy"knows no age limits. :hello:

Even with the 7970 and 8150,the gaming experiance will be the same,Unless you only want to compare benchmark #'s.

just messin with ya a little rolli.

This might be of interest to some,take it for what its worth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pne4ZXIGHx8