GameStop's Xbox 360 Ultimate Bundle: $1200

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B020253C

This Xbox 360 Ultimate Bundle includes the following items:
1.. Xbox 360 System
2.. Perfect Dark Collector's Edition
3.. Project Gotham Racing 3
4.. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
5.. Dead or Alive 4
6.. Call of Duty 2
7.. GUN
8.. Quake 4
9.. Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
10.. Condemned
11.. Madden NFL 06
12.. Kameo
13.. Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
14.. Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit
15.. Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery
16.. Xbox Live 12 Month Card
17.. 1 Year Product Replacement Plan

<Highlander> wrote in message news:jPmdnWsThJBnRpHeRVn-gA@comcast.com...
> http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B020253C
>
> This Xbox 360 Ultimate Bundle includes the following items:
> 1.. Xbox 360 System
> 2.. Perfect Dark Collector's Edition
> 3.. Project Gotham Racing 3
> 4.. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
> 5.. Dead or Alive 4
> 6.. Call of Duty 2
> 7.. GUN
> 8.. Quake 4
> 9.. Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
> 10.. Condemned
> 11.. Madden NFL 06
> 12.. Kameo
> 13.. Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
> 14.. Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit
> 15.. Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery
> 16.. Xbox Live 12 Month Card
> 17.. 1 Year Product Replacement Plan

Sign me up! Oh wait, I have Xbox Live already. And where is the hard
drive?

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

Are the posting guidelines for the newsgroup available online?

I found a supplier in Singapore that has begun dumping their stock of Xboxes
before the 360s come out, but I wouldn't want to mention it officially if
I'm just going to get scammed, slammed and reported to our backbone :>)

If the guidelines for the newsgroup indicates it is appropriate, I'd mention
that the prices are well below the US wholesale price of $143/unit and the
minimum order is 3 units, not $1,000. Otherwise, I wouldn't dare piss anyone
else off :>)

John Jarrett
Accts Mgr
Tiger Solutions

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

If anyone could and did enforce the rules here (whatever they may be),
there wouldn't be anyone for you to mention this to.

In alt.games.video.xbox Tex John <john@logontexas.com> wrote:
> Are the posting guidelines for the newsgroup available online?

There are several, but you'd be better off checking what your ISP says.

Normally, the "alt." hierarchy doesn't have a whole lot of hard and fast
rules per se... Most of them are just etiquitte anyways - and most folks
ignore those.

If you're just going to post a pointer to a website, that shouldn't be a
problem. Just don't get too carried away with it ;)

In alt.games.video.xbox Mattinglyfan <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote:

> Sign me up! Oh wait, I have Xbox Live already. And where is the hard
> drive?

I assume they're giving you the $400 kit, along with the additional
accessories listed.

perfect

"Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
> In alt.games.video.xbox Mattinglyfan <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Sign me up! Oh wait, I have Xbox Live already. And where is the hard
>> drive?
>
> I assume they're giving you the $400 kit, along with the additional
> accessories listed.

It is the "$400 kit"

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live (More info?)

Now comes the:

The Xbox 360 Omega Bundle. Not for the faint of heart, only the most extreme
gamers can handle what this bundle has to offer.

360 Premium Pack ($399.00):

- Xbox 360 Game Console
- Wireless Controller
- Combination High-Definition Component & Standard A/V Cable
- 20GB Hard Drive
- Ethernet Cable
- Headset
- Universal Media Remote
- Xbox Live Silver
- Xbox Live Gold 30-Day Trial

Ultimate Bundle Games:

- Perfect Dark Collector's Edition
- Project Gotham Racing 3
- Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- Dead or Alive 4
- Call of Duty 2
- GUN
- Quake 4
- Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
- Condemned
- Madden NFL 2006
- Kameo
- Amped 3
- Ghost Recon
- NBA 2K6
- NHL 2K6
- Ridge Racer 6
- Top Spin 2
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- Tiger Woods 2006
- Frame City Killer

Ultimate Bundle Accessories:

- Extra Wireless Controller
- Extra Wireless Controller
- Extra Wireless Controller
- Wireless Network Adaptor
- Memory Unit
- Fuego Faceplates
- Play & Charge Kit
- Rechargeable Battery
- Xbox Live 12 Month Card
- 1-Year Product Replacement Plan

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/360/360.asp

Robert

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

<Highlander> wrote in message news:jPmdnWsThJBnRpHeRVn-gA@comcast.com...
> http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B020253C
>
> This Xbox 360 Ultimate Bundle includes the following items:
> 1.. Xbox 360 System
> 2.. Perfect Dark Collector's Edition
> 3.. Project Gotham Racing 3
> 4.. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
> 5.. Dead or Alive 4
> 6.. Call of Duty 2
> 7.. GUN
> 8.. Quake 4
> 9.. Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
> 10.. Condemned
> 11.. Madden NFL 06
> 12.. Kameo
> 13.. Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
> 14.. Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit
> 15.. Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery
> 16.. Xbox Live 12 Month Card
> 17.. 1 Year Product Replacement Plan

Why would ANYBODY in their right mind wand all those games at ONCE?

mikeh

Distinguished
May 19, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

> Why would ANYBODY in their right mind wand all those games at ONCE?

I have to agree totally...there's too many games...across their whole gaming
spectrum. They should have come out with a bundle that would let the buyer
chose like 4-5 games at (of course) a much lower price.

In alt.games.video.xbox mikeh <mikeh@newsgroup.com> wrote:

> I have to agree totally...there's too many games...across their whole gaming
> spectrum. They should have come out with a bundle that would let the buyer
> chose like 4-5 games at (of course) a much lower price.

Why choose when you can just get the whole library at once?

No, I don't think it makes sense either. ESPECIALLY since you know at
least 1/2 of those titles will be found for $20 in a few months after
release as either used copies, or bargin bin sales...

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live (More info?)

I got it on presale at Gameslop with no bundle. it might just be for online
orders.
Eb you don't need a bundle either.

<littlejoeflub@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> > - 20GB Hard Drive
> > - Ethernet Cable
> > - Headset
> > - Universal Media Remote
> > - Xbox Live Silver
> > - Xbox Live Gold 30-Day Trial
> >

> > Ultimate Bundle Games:
> >
> > - Perfect Dark Collector's Edition
> > - Project Gotham Racing 3
> > - Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
> > - Dead or Alive 4
> > - Call of Duty 2
> > - GUN
> > - Quake 4
> > - Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
> > - Condemned
> > - Madden NFL 2006
> > - Kameo
> > - Amped 3
> > - Ghost Recon
> > - NBA 2K6
> > - NHL 2K6
> > - Ridge Racer 6
> > - Top Spin 2
> > - Need for Speed: Most Wanted
> > - Tiger Woods 2006
> > - Frame City Killer
> >

> > Ultimate Bundle Accessories:
> >
> > - Extra Wireless Controller
> > - Extra Wireless Controller
> > - Extra Wireless Controller
> > - Wireless Network Adaptor
> > - Memory Unit
> > - Fuego Faceplates
> > - Play & Charge Kit
> > - Rechargeable Battery
> > - Xbox Live 12 Month Card
> > - 1-Year Product Replacement Plan
> >

> > http://www.gamestop.com/gs/360/360.asp
>
> It's interesting you can't pick just the $399 Premium kit or $299 core
> kit by themselves, and just buy one or two games seperately. The
> cheapest is the $699 core bundle, which means not only do you have to
> buy the $299 core kit, you have to buy their pick of five launch titles
> and and extra accessories. Same goes for the Silver Bundle. I mean
> with the new $60 msrp for games I don't see buying five titles right
> off the bat when only a couple are of interest or might be any good.
>
> I can't believe Microsoft allows Gamestop and EBGames to rape Xbox 360
> launch date adoptees like they are doing with these "forced bundle"
> prices. I mean the original Xbox had some pretty high priced bundles
> but even though I was making a smaller paycheck back then I had more
> disposable cash and could afford that one compared to todays prices.
> I'd be interested in seeing actual pre-order figures for all the
> retailers selling 360 kits, especially with PS3 not coming out till
> 2006, compared to the original Xbox Launch of five years ago when the
> PS2 was already well established in the number one spot.
>
> It's been five years, does anyone remember what bundles were offered
> for the original Xbox Launch? All I remmeber is I got Halo, that
> shitty running game (name escapes me; remember trailer looked better
> than actual gameplay before launch), and some third one I can't
> remember at all. I traded in the running game for DOA like a week
> later. Don't remember about the last one.

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live (More info?)

In canada, at launch, Futureshop was offering the Xbox with one controller
and the choice of any 2 available games for 599$ CAD (my choice would have
been Halo and Amped). Never ended up buying one at launch though...