Default Explorer File Shortcut

Is there a way to create a shortcut to a folder and have that shortcut
behave identically to "My Documents"? So the windows shell will display:

-Desktop
---My Documents
---<MY CUSTOM FOLDER SHORTCUT HERE>
---My Computer
---My Network Places
---Recycle Bin

I read Michael 23's post on 1/12/05, but the responses only applied to the
save/open dialogue that not all applications use. Thanks for any direction
you might lend...

This may be a little too obvious, but just create the folder/dir on your
desktop.

Carbon™

"Bruce Hendry" <bruce@binya.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to create a shortcut to a folder and have that shortcut
> behave identically to "My Documents"? So the windows shell will display:
>
> -Desktop
> ---My Documents
> ---<MY CUSTOM FOLDER SHORTCUT HERE>
> ---My Computer
> ---My Network Places
> ---Recycle Bin
>
> I read Michael 23's post on 1/12/05, but the responses only applied to the
> save/open dialogue that not all applications use. Thanks for any
direction
> you might lend...

Appreciate the response, but I'm looking for the ability to promote the
folder to a "My Documents" type shortcut, so it always appears at the root
of the shell, like "My Documents", "My Computer", "My Network Places", etc.
Thanks for the try, though ;)