Sign in with
Your question

Would These Parts Fit To Build A Computer ?

Last response: in Systems
May 26, 2012 6:39:36 PM

I'm far from an expert on computer building but I've been wanting a custom build pc for a while now and have been using this site to do so.

This is the link with all the parts and their prices. http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/8V1s

Some necessities for the computer are 8gb of RAM minimum, a 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD, an ivy bridge CPU, an aesthetically pleasing case and a top of the range graphics card that can run things like MW3, Skyrim, Diablo III etc maxed out.

So, if someone could tell me if these parts would work together that would be great - My main worry is that I'm unsure if the case would fit with the other components.

If not, some recommendations and/or a new list of components would be much appreciated.

And would it be overclock-able ?

Also, to get the US prices etc to show up, just remove the "uk" and "/" from the link.

Thanks, Dan.
May 26, 2012 6:56:07 PM

pretty good build. i recommend getting some parts changed up.

1: get a seagate barracuda 1tb with 64mb of cache. they are cheaper and are just as fast if not faster
2: upgrade to some 8gb 1600mhz ram. a good kit is mushkin blackline fostbyte or crucial ballistix sport. they are both pretty low profile to fit under the d14
3: i would look for a cheaper case such as the antec 302.
May 27, 2012 12:44:24 AM

Yes it will all work/fit in the case.

Agree with BigTroll about the HDD and RAM.

I would expect the Phantom to use an internal header for it's front panel USB 3.0 ports.
The Asrock Z68 Extreme3 doesn't have an internal USB 3.0 header, so you will not be able to connect them up.

This is a good Z77 board which is cheaper and does have an internal USB 3.0 header (it actually has two):
Gigabyte Z77X-D3H £98
www.dabs.com/products/gigabyte-z77x-d3h-s1155-intel-z77...
May 28, 2012 12:05:35 AM

Silvune said:
Yes it will all work/fit in the case.

Agree with BigTroll about the HDD and RAM.

I would expect the Phantom to use an internal header for it's front panel USB 3.0 ports.
The Asrock Z68 Extreme3 doesn't have an internal USB 3.0 header, so you will not be able to connect them up.

This is a good Z77 board which is cheaper and does have an internal USB 3.0 header (it actually has two):
Gigabyte Z77X-D3H £98
www.dabs.com/products/gigabyte-z77x-d3h-s1155-intel-z77...

i would pay a little extra for the ultra durable 4 pcb. z77x-ud3h
!