AMD Radeon HD 6410D?

dom8111

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
Alright im going to buy a new desktop computer i have 450$ so heres what i was thinking : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229310

I like verything about it but i have 2 questions

1) What is the processor? in details
2) =Is the graphics card good i cant find anything about it

P.S. I will be plaing starcraft 2 trying too get medium+ settings if posssible.

also my friend keeps telling me to get it and then upgrade the graphics card to a: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125377

e56imfg

Distinguished
The CPU is an APU, meaning it has a GPU and CPU all inside the same die.
APU's CPU is basically an enhanced Athlon II. Don't expect to run SC2 higher than medium settings.
You could do hybrid crossfire with the 6450 and achieve better frame rates rather than just running on the integrated GPU.

gary1

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

Right now you have a integrated GPU. I don't know the specifics, but you basically crossfire that integrated chip with a dedicated chip.

The processor in the computer you showed has an APU, this means it has a CPU and a GPU combined in one chip. You would not need a video card, however if you got something like a Radeon 6670 graphics card you could put it in you computer and it would work WITH your APU to give you better graphics. Typically crossfiring is when you take two or more AMD graphics cards and combine them together in the same system. So a hybrid crossfire is the combination of an APU with an AMD GPU to give you combined graphics power. The best card you can get for this is the 6670 and it runs about $80. However you could spend $150 on a graphics card that would blow your crossfire out of the water.

e56imfg

Distinguished
The pre-built is actually pretty decent for the price. Of course you can build a system for a cheaper price, but you probably don't want to learn how to. This PC can play SC2, just not at high. Maybe medium to low settings for playable frame rates.

The APU can do gaming. In fact, AMD markets this unit for the extreme budget users.

dom8111

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
Ok so im guessing this computer is out. If i can build my own computer (i already know someone whou could put it together) What parts would i need like cpu,gpu,ram,motherboard,ect? and any suggestions like peices i should put together under 450$? so i could run starcraft 2 with medium+ settings?

Sure! Building your own computer is way simpler than it looks like. I've built my first pc ever 6 months ago - at first, I was skeptical, but when I started, I realized, there's nothing to be afraid of! All you have to do is just check what to connect to what before actually doing it ;) There are plenty of guides online.

As for the parts, what I would suggest and it would blow the other machine away would be:

Processor: Intel Pentium G620 2.6 GHz - $69.99
Motherboard: MSI H61M-P21 (B3) - $57.99
Memory: Kingston 8GB (4 x 2GB) 1333 MHz Lifetime Warranty - $42.99
Hard drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" - $84.99
Graphics card: HIS Radeon HD 6750 1GB - $89.99
Power supply: Corsair CX430 - $44.99
Case: COOLER MASTER Elite 371 - $49.99
Keyboard: Logitech K120 - $13.99
Mouse: Logitech Optical USB Mouse B100 - $11.99

Total before rebates: $466.91

I know it's over your budget, but it's way faster than the prebuilt one. It also contains a graphics card, which is 5 times more powerful than your 'friend' suggested. If you still want it cheaper, you could always take a weaker graphics card. Also, remember that these prices are before rebates!

P. S. the card your friend told you to buy is junk. It won't play any of the modern titles unless on lowest settings and resolution. Have a look here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-6450-caicos-blu-ray-3d,2920-5.html

I would really advise against the case power supply combos, the power supply is more often than not garbage. Your motherboard processor link didn't work

dom8111

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012

e56imfg

Distinguished
No it doesn't.
Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Updated with the latest Service Packs) with DirectX® 9.0c
2.6 GHz Pentium® IV or equivalent AMD Athlon® processor
128 MB PCIe NVIDIA® GeForce® 6600 GT or ATI Radeon® 9800 PRO video card or better
12 GB available HD space
1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 users)
DVD-ROM drive
Broadband Internet connection
1024X720 minimum display resolution
PC Recommended Specifications:

Windows Vista®/Windows® 7
Dual Core 2.4Ghz Processor
2 GB RAM
512 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon® HD 3870 or better
It's referring to P4- which is more than 5 years old.
The new Pentium is a lot faster. Frequency / Cores doesn't matter as much as architecture and IPC!!

The power supplies that are sold together with cases have bad quality, are made up from bad parts and don't have warranty. Most importantly, they could blow your computer up at any moment. By the way, that HD4670 won't run SC2 well. Also, that case has very poor ventilation, which means your components could easily overheat.

zifanwang

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
Here's one I put together for ya on PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/dromni/saved/3zjr

Excluding the OS and monitor (I'm assuming you already have these), it is less than 450 and you should be able to play SC2 at high-ultra settings (I'm not sure if there is an ultra) at a smooth, playable framerate. You might also be able to play more demanding titles like Sleeping dogs and Battlefield 3 at med/high settings at a satisfactory framerate!

zifanwang

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013

Just so you know, the graphics card your "friend" suggested is total crap and cannot play ANYTHING at settings higher than med.

xCarrotz

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
The chip is an APU (accelerated processing unit), this means that the CPU and GPU are combined into one chip. the chip in question is an AMD A4-3300 OR and AMD A4-3400, the only difference is the CPU clock speed. the 3300 is rated @ 2.5Ghz while the 3400 is rated @ 2.7Ghz
your standard GPU memory will be at 2gb with 4gb RAM rising to 4gb GPU RAM with 8GB physical RAM, this is because the GPU runs off of the physical RAM installed on your computer.
As for starcraft it would just bout run it at medium in terms of FPS unless you upgrade the RAM, also the FM1 socket leaves little in terms of upgrade capabilities for the CPU with the highest APU available being the AMD A8-3850 quad core @ 2.9Ghz
Links:
http://shop.amd.com/uk/All/Detail/Processor/AD3400OJGXBOX?SearchFacets=category%3AProcessor
http://shop.amd.com/uk/All/Detail/Processor/AD3850WNGXBOX?SearchFacets=category%3AProcessor

As for the graphics card I would a 2gb grahics card with crossfire capabilities to harness the GPU of the APU and the graphics card itself